1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Please consider this before starting Diet/Exercise.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by DS12, Feb 10, 2011.

1. DS12

DS12 New IL'ite

Dear ILites,

Some of us are in the process of losing weight,some may be planning to start diet/exercise. There are lots of inspiring/motivating threads to achieve our goal on weight loss here in IL, weight loss buddies are there....Some ILites who achieved on weight loss are real super models guiding other ILites to lose their pounds and be in shape....

Just wanted to tell you ladies, please do a health check up or atleast a blood work to know about your health, meaning levels of your iron,calcium,Vitamins,cholestrol,etc.This will definitely help you to plan better diet that fits/suits your body. This is definetely not to scare/worry /discourage your plan on weight loss.Just wanted you ladies to achieve your goal/weight loss in a healthy way.

I'm on my way to weight loss of 30 lbs started from this yr. I'm on diet.I do yoga/tread mill,Elliptical/tummy exercises.I went for annual check up last month and surprised to see my Iron level is very low.Based on this,my diet includes more Iron rich foods. I'll be on different diet if I don't know my Iron level.

Just wanted to let you ladies based on my experience.Nothing to scare or worry abt your goal.

We ladies are very busy with family/work/kids/chores,but spending time for ourself and being healthy is good for us and for our family...

Please ignore, if it sounds unreasonable.

Good luck to you all!!!!

Healthy diet!!Happy weight loss!!!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
    1 person likes this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot for this word of caution ds. one cannot ever overemphasize this point. it is a bit too late for me now. i have had spinal surgery. as i could not walk enough to shed weight (to ease the load on the spine), i read up on aqua aerobics after hearing from various sources about its benefits. also checked up on the net and found a lot of people recommending it. i went for about a week of swimming and then started aqua aerobics. i got more than i had bargained for. i landed up tearing the supraspinatus muscle and tearing the rotator cuff. i've had to undergo a surgery to repair that and am now trying to recover from it. it will take about 3 months.

this is just to caution anybody planning to take up any form of exercise to first consult your doctor, go slow and do only what your body allows you to. listen to your body. at the first sign of pain, just stop. it is a warning signal from your body. please don't ignore it.

this is not to scare anyone away, only a warning to exercise caution. best wishes, have fun and wish everybody good health.:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. DS12

DS12 New IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

Hugs to you!!! Take good care of your health. I mentioned about dieting and your message on Exercising. Hope our dear friends will take it in right way for their healthy life!!!!

Thanks.

4. FirSrk

FirSrk Senior IL'ite

Useful info. Thanks

5. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Very useful info.Thanks

6. shivanithakur

shivanithakur Silver IL'ite

its really very useful tips. Thanks a lot for the same.

Best Regards/ Shivani

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

8. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thank you for sharing. I definitely would have to get my iron levels tested.

9. Princess23

Princess23 Silver IL'ite

Hi Tamil,

I ve to reduce my weight atleast 10kg.
    I was in 42kg before 3yrs now 63 kg.:idea
    My blood test report is normal.
    Can u pls give me some ideas (Full plan since i am trying it first :bowdown)

Pls help me in this.:hide:

10. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Princess: What is your height so that first we have to see what is the ideal weight for your height?