You are already
a member and logged in!
Hi Ladies...here is some useful info i found on net...plz go thru it
Fenugreek tea is often called as herbal tea for women due to its properties of mimicking female sex hormone estrogen. People have been drinking fenugreek tea since ages, for its immense heath benefits. The most important of all fenugreek tea health benefits is its ability to stimulate breast milk in nursing mothers. Besides, it is also used to naturally enhance breast. Given below is the fenugreek tea recipe which can be easily made at home.
Fenugreek Tea Recipe
Fenugreek tea is obtained from the infusion of fenugreek seeds. These seeds are steeped in water for a very long time, to gain maximum benefits. Fenugreek tea recipe is simple and quick to make:
- 1 tbsp. fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup water
Crush the fenugreek seeds and soak them in freshly boiled water. Let the seeds steep in water for at least 3 hours before drinking it. Strain the tea and drink it hot or cold. The longer you soak the seeds, the greater the effect. Fenugreek tea is also available in the form of tea bags, however, the potency of seeds is lost in the processing. Thus, homemade herbal fenugreek tea is the best option of availing its benefits.
Fenugreek Tea Benefits
- Drinking fenugreek tea or eating fenugreek sprouts stimulate the growth of breast tissues and promotes water retention. As a result you get fuller, larger breasts.
- Fenugreek tea is rich in minerals and vitamins and other compounds similar to estrogen. Thus, it increases the supply of milk in nursing mothers and also nourishes the baby. More on fenugreek for lactation.
- It reduces hot flushes and other menopausal symptoms.
- Increases libido in men and women.
- Beneficial for people with type-2 diabetes.
- Fenugreek seeds are effective in curing a disease called beri beri.
- Minimizes the risk of heart attacks.
- Reduces the level of cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Induces and eases labor in pregnant women.
- Fenugreek tea can also be used as a laxative.
- Fenugreek tea suppresses appetite, hence is effective in weight loss.
- Fenugreek tea cleans kidneys and intestines.
Fenugreek Tea Side Effects
- Fenugreek may induce some gastrointestinal discomforts such as diarrhea or bloating.
- Hypogycemic people should execute caution while drinking fenugreek tea as it reduces the sugar level in blood.
- Fenugreek may induce allergic reactions, similar to peanuts and chickpeas, as it belongs to the same family.
- High doses of fenugreek tea should be avoided during pregnancy as it may induce premature labor.
- Fenugreek seeds interfere with the activity of oral medications, hence fenugreek should be taken at least 2 hours before or after these drugs.
- Topical application of fenugreek seeds may result in skin rash or irritation of skin.
- Nausea is yet another side effect which is reported after drinking fenugreek tea.
- Fenugreek tends to increase blood loss as it interferes with the blood clotting. Hence, people with blood disorders should stay away from fenugreek tea.
Admin Note: You may also be interested in reading these other links related to this wonder herb!!
eating fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek cures !!!!!!!!!!!!
Herbs (3 - fenugreek)
Fenugreek seeds are very useful in Arthritis pain
Indian Herbs for Weight Loss