1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

WLC (Weight Loss Challenge) preparation and discussion.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Nov 13, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

The keep fit forum will see many more weight loss challenges. So this is the thread where will can discuss our preparations for the challenge.

WLC - 15th - 20th November

Things to keep in mind.

1. No one is watching you. You need to be true to yourself. You should have learnt a thing or two after this week.

2. Decide on one change that you would like to implement and stay loyal to that change.

3. Stock your fridge with vegetables and fruits.

4. Always be prepared to deal with hunger. So, always keep cooked veggies, soup and salads in the fridge. Remember, when we are very hungry we lose control, so its best to have something which is already prepared when the hunger strikes.

5. You have to try something new. Like if you have not been walking then start walking, if you are already walking then increase 5 - 10 minutes of your walking time or your walking speed.

6. Its just for a week, so if you feel like giving up just tell yourself that let me complete this week at least.

7. Most Important - Make changes to your diet and exercise program and weigh your self after 3 days. You will get an idea where you stand and use the next 3 days to be on the mark.

A sample Diet

Remember, if you are hungry you will lose the battle. To win the war fight it with a full stomach.

Breakfast - 1 bowl/quater plate of Poha/ Upma/ 2 idlies/ 1 dosa/ 1 veg sandwich/ 2 breads with eggs/ cornflakes/ Multigrain roti / Stuffed paratha

Pick your breakfast and cook in less than 2 tsp of oil. If you are making Poha and Upma or dosa avoid Potatoes.

Remember, its OK not to stuff yourself here. You are gonna eat after 2 hours. Look at your clock and fix your eating time.

Mid Morning - Butter milk and/or fruit.

Lunch - 1 or 2 roti or half bowl rice or 1 bowl daliya. 1 vegetable (made in 2 tsp oil), 1 katori raita, 1 katori daal, 1 bowl salad. Do nto mix rice and roti.

Eat your full plate and aim for being satisfied with your lunch.

Mid Afternoon - Have a fruit here.

Tea Time - Enjoy your tea with handful roasted channa OR puffed rice or roasted Makhanas or 2 marie biscuits.

Mid Evening - If you are hungry then grab a bowl of soup here.

Dinner - Have 1 thin roti with a big bowl of soup, salads, vegetables and raita. If you are a rice eater then make the bowl mix. Take really small amount of rice 3 - 4 tsp and mix with your daal and sabji, this way you will feel full with extreme less quantity of rice. Make sure to feel full after dinner. Those who do not have roti/rice at this time then please stick to your current diet.

Go for a light walk after dinner.

If you are hungry before hitting the bed, have an apple.

Exercise - Plan out what changes are you going to bring in your exercise. Increase either the speed or the time. Remember, walks after dinner are to help you in digestion and to burn calories stop looking at it as exercise.

Come here and discuss your preparation for the challenge. As the doubts about the challenge here.

regards

1 person likes this.

2. nriindian

nriindian Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

This week challenge is goin to be a real challenge, as holidays starts tomorow for Eid. one week holidays means picnic and outing etc. Anyways I will try to do my best, as I am part of the challenge and

I dont like to be a loser in challenges only in loser in weight.

I dont know about food. But i will introduce another 30 min of exercise, apart fromt the half an hour of ET and 15 min hands and cycling(I am clubbing cycling with weights)Just pedalling is boring.

I will also go light on dinner and avoid the rotis, may be fruits and milk or Soups and veges.

Thanks dear for this thread

3. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

This 1 week challenge is surely a big challenge for me.
    As the whole week is a holiday for EID.

My 5 major plans are like this.
    1. To munch on fruits and fresh juices when hunger strikes.
    2. To have bowl mix at night(already started).
    3. To do walking after dinner.
    4. To drink water(usually if iam at home i forget).
    5. To stock the fridge with soups.

All the best for the others in the challenge.

You are going to rock Nimmi.:thumbsup

4. sadhana11

sadhana11 Senior IL'ite

hi shiva,

thanx for the challenge...

i already started goin to gym....so my diet chart is...

bf:eek:ats or cornflakes or idly

lunch :2 roti with veg..

evenin:apple or tea with biscuits

nite:fruits or 1 roti..

i ll try tis for 1 week and check my weight..

sadhana:thumbsup

5. music1

music1 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Shiva,for the details.I'm gonna follow your plan as such and will be back on 20th with my results.

6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi everyone,

For the next week challenge Im planning to make some prior arrangements w.r.t food so that I do not go wrong. Please share your ideas too.

1. I want to stock up my fridge with fruits and veggies enough for one week.

2. I want to freeze some curries (if possible) and use it for the week.

3. Have a bowl of soup every night before dinner so that dinner quantity will be less.

4. Strictly allot an hour's time for exercise from the routine for myself.To alternate between gym and dance workout and have lots of fun.

5.To drink lots of water everyday which I tend to forget:bonk

6. Freeze wheat flour dough ready to make rotis so that I dont end up eating rice.

7.Include a protein-rich sabji in my meal every day as my focus will be on strength training my abs.

8.Last but not the least, if everything goes well and if i manage to reach some weight, plan to go for a weekend movie to treat myself.

Howzzz that??

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  7. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

My plans for next week

1. Replace walking with Jogging and allocate 15 mts in the night for walking post dinner.
    2. Fruits and veggies should be my snacks, strictly nothing else.
    3. I have 4 big papayas in my garden, so dinner is going to a big bowl of Papaya, also I am planning to have a big bowl before breakfast also.
    4. Prepare soups/Salads and keep ready :)

8. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Shiva, is custard powder allowed for making the fruit salad while weight loss. I just drool over this. Let me know if I can have it on alternate days as Im in maintenance phase now.

I plan to build some muscle now and reduce my tummy a bit further. Suggest what should be my combination of cardio and weights in terms of time and workout.

9. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Hi Every body,
    Kirti here.My plan for next week is
    1)Eat more salads.Start my food with salad.No roti at all.I decide to eat only daliya.I love daliya khichdi.
    2)Try to eat small 5 meals.
    3)No carbohydrates after 4p.m..
    4)Include more sprouted beans in my food & less oil.

10. hardtolose

hardtolose New IL'ite

Hi Shiva

My plan would be
    Breakfast : fruit + oatmeal/bread + milk
    Lunch : 2 roti +salad +dal + veg/non veg curry
    Afternoon Snack : Yougurt
    Evening Snack : Fruits
    Evening : salad + 2 roti + dal + curry

Lots of buttermilk and water. Try to drink soups.
    Walking 5-10min before/after meals. Never sit for more than 30 continuously.
    Can I eat whole wheat bread instead of rotis if I cant make them sometimes.
    My weight at present is 153.6 lbs/69.6kg as of today.
    Advise me of any changes if needed.
    Thanks