1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Belly fat after c section

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by thendralramesh, Oct 14, 2010.

1. thendralramesh

thendralramesh New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I am new to this site. I have doubts about regaining shape after c section delivery. I gained 20 kgs of weight before delivery and lost 10 kgs after c section delivery. My belly looks as if i am 5 months pregnant even after 6 months after delivery. When i sleep on my back i could find my belly muscles are very loose and once i stand it becomes tight. I am very much worried about my shape. Can i regain my shape.

Thanks,
    dev

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    First try your workout regime by brisk walking and running, follow the intervals.
    After aerobic workout, try abs workout everybody.
    Try not to eat carb food after 6:00pm.
    Eat atleast 2-3 hrs before bed.
    Have patience, you are not going to get back in shape in few days to reduce your 9months of tummy.

3. Samara1

Samara1 New IL'ite

After my second child i had same problem. Lack of energy and wanting to lose weight asap. I took the safest way. i Took Vitamins in minerals for my body nutriton and Trion. It is a all natural drink with herbs that tonify the organs, glands and energy system that have been worn out by stress and natural aging.it has been proven to be the very food the body needs to strenghten it's resistance to chronic stress- exhaustion- the continual assult of stressors that results in phsiological and psychological breakdown. Slendering capsules helped me lose weight but i still exercised at the park losing 2.5 lbs a week is the healthy way to lose weight

4. sonaparmar84

sonaparmar84 New IL'ite

Hi samara this sona can u tell me the name of your medicine & i also want to knw this medicine also help to reduce normal weight ,waiting for ur reply.

regards
    sona

5. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi, I can very well understand your depression about pregnancy induced obesity and protruding abdomen.

1) First, understand the basics. Just assume for example.... your height is 160 cm, the average normal weight for a woman is 48.6 kg to 60.2 kg. Though, any weight between 48.6 kg and 60.2 kg is medically normal to you, to keep a good figure, it is recommended to reach the MEDIAN weight. This is the exact mid point between your minimum and maximum. In your case your MEDIAN weight will be 54.4 Kg. First, make a plan. Try to lose one kg per month, not beyond that. There are two reasons. If you lose more than one kg per month, then they will come back with a vengence. Second, overenthusiastic exercises to lose more than one kg per month can damage your weight bearing joints. So, first make a plan for ten months and achieve ten kg weight reduction. Imagine, you have now reached near 55 kg, then your figure will look beautiful and graceful.

2) Second, Ceasarean section is not at all responsible for protruding abdomen , nor obesity. People put the blame on C-section for their own lack of dedication in weight reduction plan. A C-section woman , can comfortably do brisk walking for 40 minutes / day, ( that is all required, not more than 40 minutes perday. But 40 minutes per day of walking is must ).
    3) The convex shape of your abdomen is permanent. Dont get depressed. Even after you achieve 10 kg weight reduction and reach your MEDIAN weight, the shape of your abdomen is going to be convex only. The reason is, once the collagen fibers of skin and abdominal wall has been kept in a stretched position for so long, their fibers give in, and they wont become tight again. Imagine if you keep a rubber sheet in super tense stretched way for a long time,then take away the rubber sheet from the stretch. The sheet is not again going to contract to its original size. Because the fiber of the rubber have given way permanently. The same logic applies to abdominal wall also. However, after you reach around 55 kg, though the convexity of abdomen is going to remain there, your figure will be perfectly okay. The dirty protuberance now will certainly go. The inch reduction will certainly be there. Suppose your abdominal circumferance ( take an inch tape around the abdomen after removing cloths and read the reading of maximum circumferance) is 90 inches. Note it down. Every month, with every kg weight reduction, this 90 inch will go on becoming , 89, 88, 87 and so on. So, with a good inch reduction, the magnitude of the abdominal protrusion will also become very small and hardly noticable. I am a medical practioner and my pet topic is obesity management. I will be glad to answer any more queries on it.

mercyanburaj, cliona and visajay like this.
  6. Mumbaigirl

Mumbaigirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi Indianguy,
    My weight is 54kg, my height is 4.11. Before Marriage my weight was 38 to 40kg, I never crossed 40. After marriage also same, In pregnancy I was 58 to 60kg, after delivery again I was 40kg, till two years after delivery I was same.
    Now I want my weight 45kg, but my hubby says no, don’t lose ur weight, u r not fat, y u want to loose weight, just reduce ur tummy.

If I try to do dieting, he scolds on me.

It looks like I am pregnant L

Help me in that
    Thanks

7. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

8. pinkybiju

pinkybiju New IL'ite

if possible buy or download jillian michaels banish fat boost metabolim cd for starting your aerobics workout. This is highly effectively.

Pinkybiju:thumbsup

9. indianguy2010

It is a bit confusing. Can you tell simply what is your height and weight today ?

10. indianguy2010