Close [X]
LOG IN
Close [X]
PLEASE LOG IN OR REGISTER

Sorry, you need to be a registered member and logged in to access this page.
Please login or register below.

REGISTER

It's easy, quick and FREE!



  1. #1
    brahan's Avatar
    brahan is offline Gold ILite
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    City
    Bangalore
    State
    Karnataka
    Country
    India
    Posts
    1,266

    Default Broad Shoulder..how to reduce???

    HEy All,

    I am of Normal weight and my Problem is whenever i put on weight its only on my SHoulders and on my Arms..As a Result my Shoulders are very Broad and my Whole Frame Looks Big (I dont put weight on my Hips or Thighs..I have put on little on my Tummy after my Child Delivery..But i am sure by Ab exrcises i can actually reduce them).

    So please suggest me exercise to reduce my Shoulders...Is it possible???

    Admin Note: Make sure you check out the following interesting discussions that gives tips on strength and weight training.

    weight training
    Weight loss tips that worked for me
    Exercise at home - Help needed
    My Slow and Steady weight loss Updates
    I lost weight but have loose skin.

    Last edited by coolblues; 14th January 2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Include relevant links
    Winner of the Reputation Contest -May '11
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ge...47#post1786147

  2. #2
    shivachoubey's Avatar
    shivachoubey is offline Platinum ILite
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    City
    Muscat
    State
    Muscat
    Country
    Oman
    Posts
    3,521
    Blog Entries
    126

    Default Re: Broad Shoulder..how to reduce???

    Dear Brahan,

    I have broad shoulders issue too. The only thing that worked for me in terms of my shoulder fat was, taking 2 heavy dumbbells in both hand and then lifting the shoulders to the ear lobes. Its like a dead lift. Your hand will hang on both the sides with the weight and then you will lift only your shoulders and try touching your ears and then get your shoulders back. You need to stand with feet apart at shoulder distance.

    Hope I explained it nicely. This is the only thing other than high cardio activity that I found made a dent to my shoulders.

    If you have put on weight then getting back to pre pregnancy weight will also reduce the shoulder fat.

    Hope this helps.

    regards


  3. #3
    brahan's Avatar
    brahan is offline Gold ILite
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    City
    Bangalore
    State
    Karnataka
    Country
    India
    Posts
    1,266

    Default Re: Broad Shoulder..how to reduce???

    Thanks SHiva..I guess i got what you were trying to say ...There should be some Video in the You Tube for this..Ill check about this

    Winner of the Reputation Contest -May '11
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ge...47#post1786147

  4. #4
    mstrue is offline Guest
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    City
    India
    State
    India
    Country
    India
    Posts
    2,070

    Smile Re: Broad Shoulder..how to reduce???

    Shiv and Brahan,

    You may already know this yet..
    While exercise is the ideal approach, try to benefit from fashion tips that suit your body type too.

    Tips:
    - Since you are fuller at the top and scarce at the hips, balance it out by long flare pants/jeans
    - If you are not petitie, wear tunic sweaters (knee length) - it would add volume to your hip area
    - Try A line skirts..

    Your body type is caqlled inverted triangle body or athelete's frame.. google for more tips.

    Broad shoulders are a plus when you dress up aptly.
    Keep Looking Good!


  5. #5
    brahan's Avatar
    brahan is offline Gold ILite
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    City
    Bangalore
    State
    Karnataka
    Country
    India
    Posts
    1,266

    Default Re: Broad Shoulder..how to reduce???

    Yeah..At times it really Looks good (When i wear Formals)..But it looks awkward when i wear sarees...(Especially synthetic) because it shows you shape as it is...So when people see me its the Broad Shoulders that make me think that i am Fat..(kind of Manly Feature Rite)..

    ANy way thanks for the Tips...

    Winner of the Reputation Contest -May '11
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ge...47#post1786147

  6. #6
    brahan's Avatar
    brahan is offline Gold ILite
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    City
    Bangalore
    State
    Karnataka
    Country
    India
    Posts
    1,266

    Default Re: Broad Shoulder..how to reduce???

    Quote Originally Posted by shivachoubey View Post
    Dear Brahan,

    I have broad shoulders issue too. The only thing that worked for me in terms of my shoulder fat was, taking 2 heavy dumbbells in both hand and then lifting the shoulders to the ear lobes. Its like a dead lift. Your hand will hang on both the sides with the weight and then you will lift only your shoulders and try touching your ears and then get your shoulders back. You need to stand with feet apart at shoulder distance.

    Hope I explained it nicely. This is the only thing other than high cardio activity that I found made a dent to my shoulders.

    If you have put on weight then getting back to pre pregnancy weight will also reduce the shoulder fat.

    Hope this helps.

    regards

    Shiva,

    I have been a Silent Follower of your Thread(Weight Loss)...Inspired by your thread i have reduced around 1.5 kilos in a MOnth(I know its not a Big Number..But this is really Big for me)...Actually i thought of wrting to you after losing some 5 more Kilos (Trust me..you are the sole inspiration)..But cannot stop Thanking you..

    But even after reducing 1.5 kilos people dont show any symptoms of identifying me Reduced (Well i met my relatives in a Function and i was dressed in a Saree...Because of this Broad SHoulders which has not reduced i still look BIG for them..I know i am reducing for Myself and not for them..But still there would be some expectations rite????)..

    ANyway once again a Big Thanks

    Winner of the Reputation Contest -May '11
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ge...47#post1786147

  7. #7
    mstrue is offline Guest
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    City
    India
    State
    India
    Country
    India
    Posts
    2,070

    Default Re: Broad Shoulder..how to reduce???

    Quote Originally Posted by brahan View Post
    Yeah..At times it really Looks good (When i wear Formals)..But it looks awkward when i wear sarees...(Especially synthetic) because it shows you shape as it is...So when people see me its the Broad Shoulders that make me think that i am Fat..(kind of Manly Feature Rite)..

    ANy way thanks for the Tips...
    No ma.. it is not manly. You have broad shoulders so V necks, boat necks will go so lovely on you.
    As for the saree problem, have you tried the fishcut underskirts? There was a thread here on that.. search for it. Also use 'falls' for sarees so they add some volume around your feet. Keep many pleets so the hip balances the shoulder. Hope that helps..
    Are you tall? If so try tunics or long tops that flare from your bust. It will make you look even from top to bottom plus figurative.


  8. #8
    brahan's Avatar
    brahan is offline Gold ILite
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    City
    Bangalore
    State
    Karnataka
    Country
    India
    Posts
    1,266

    Default Re: Broad Shoulder..how to reduce???

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrue View Post
    No ma.. it is not manly. You have broad shoulders so V necks, boat necks will go so lovely on you.
    As for the saree problem, have you tried the fishcut underskirts? There was a thread here on that.. search for it. Also use 'falls' for sarees so they add some volume around your feet. Keep many pleets so the hip balances the shoulder. Hope that helps..
    Are you tall? If so try tunics or long tops that flare from your bust. It will make you look even from top to bottom plus figurative.

    Yeah i am Tall...I will try these Tips...Feeling Better

    Thanks a Ton...

    Winner of the Reputation Contest -May '11
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ge...47#post1786147

  9. #9
    mstrue is offline Guest
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    City
    India
    State
    India
    Country
    India
    Posts
    2,070

    Wink Re: Broad Shoulder..how to reduce???

    Quote Originally Posted by brahan View Post
    Yeah i am Tall...I will try these Tips...Feeling Better

    Thanks a Ton...
    My pleasure! Keep Smiling!
    When comfortable in our own skin, we will look beautiful in any shape or form or size or dress. With a tall figure parade proudly.


  10. #10
    shivachoubey's Avatar
    shivachoubey is offline Platinum ILite
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    City
    Muscat
    State
    Muscat
    Country
    Oman
    Posts
    3,521
    Blog Entries
    126

    Default Re: Broad Shoulder..how to reduce???

    Quote Originally Posted by brahan View Post
    Shiva,

    I have been a Silent Follower of your Thread(Weight Loss)...Inspired by them..But still there would be some expectations rite????)..
    ANyway once again a Big Thanks
    Dear Brahan,

    Thank you so much for your appreciation. People did not saw any change till I lost 10 kgs before that everyone was just silent.

    As for broad shoulders, they actually look very good once the fat goes off from them infact they are an asset. They are no way manly at all sweetheart so don't think like that.

    Few months down the line you will be thinner and so will be your shoulders.

    Mstrue has given excellent advise on dressing up, so for the time being you can hide them.

    Do you know off shoulder dresses are best supported by broad shoulder women.

    If you need any further help do not hesitate to ask me.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282