Teach me Kannada - Please!!

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by Venonimiss, Mar 20, 2008.

1. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Thats true. Rajkumar movies and Vishnuvardhan movies will help in learning good kannada.In case you get a chance try to get subscription to Kannada channels lik Udaya TV. It will help you a lot.

2. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

Hi...

I can help u to learn Kannada speaking as well as reading/writing. But i'm a kannadiga but married to a Telugu family.... we are moved to Boston i hardly get people to talk in telugu my MIL always tells me to talk in telugu whenever we call them... My husaband talks to me in telugu but when i find it difficult to say somethg in telugu we just jump back into English/kannada or Hindi :)

Can u plz help me learning telugu... i'm not that bad in telugu can understand upto 75% ...but responding is difficult for me.

This thread has been started recently for learning kannada ithink it will be of great help to u and others who are interested in learning kannada:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/bangalore/40997-kannada-kalike.html

3. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Suma, Sure I want to help and get help too. Is there are way you can contact me privately? Can you send me your email at my gmail with the same ID as here. There is no way I can contact you directly unless you finish 50 posts.

Though I love be on this site all the time, my current situations are not allowing me to logon more frequently. I'll wait for you email and respond. Thanks.

-Venus

4. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

Hi...

I've send a test mail to id Venonimiss ....gmail id. hope u received it.

5. ramyajithendra

ramyajithendra Silver IL'ite

Hello.

Interesting to see ur thread. I am facing the similar problem as u do,,but the other way round. I am married to a telugu guy. I am a 100% kannadiga. The problem is that my husband can speak very fluent kannada, so he does converse to me and my son (2-1/2 yrs old) in kannada itself. Whenever my in-laws or any other relatives calls or visits u, i find it hard to talk to them as i cant speak telugu and they can't speak kannada. I feel very bad as i am unable to interact with them. My son is also used to speaking in kannada. Everyone from my husband's family is insisting him on teaching us telugu, but he hardly finds time. So, pls help in learning a few telugu words and phrases and i will help u out in learning kannada.

6. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Take a look at this thread and you might learn Telugu more than what you expected.

Hope it helps,
    Hema

7. ramyajithendra

Thank u so much Hema..

8. ramyajithendra

Hey..one problem..i cant read telugu very fluently. I can just identify a few letters which are similar to kannada letters. Guess,,,i need to learn to read telugu first before learning to speak it fluently .

9. pbindu

pbindu Silver IL'ite

Hi Venus,

I am willing to teach you Kannada. In turn if you can teach me Telugu, that would be great. How do we start? would you like to read here in this thread or how can I pass on my email ids or chat ids to you. My user id in gmail is same as this user id. :)

Today = ivattu
    Tomorrow = naaLe
    yesterday = ninne
    day before yesterday = monne
    day after tomorrow = naaDiddu

I dont want to give too many words in one post. As it might confuse you. :)
    Thats all for today.

10. Divyamarathi

Divyamarathi New IL'ite

Anyone who can teach me Marathi?? Am a kannadiga n my husband is from Maharashtra. Plsss help!!