Banned products- Avoid using them !!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by mssunitha2001, Feb 13, 2009.

1. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] [/FONT]Dangerous Shampoo!!!
    Banned By Dubai Government!!

These products contain

Sodium Laureth Sulfate - SLS

CLEAR , FRUCTIS ,
    Vo5, Palmolive, Paul Mitchell, L'Oreal, Body Shop

All these Shampoos use a chemical called SLS which is actually a floor cleaner. They are used so as to produce more foam.

Imagine what a floor cleaner can do to you hair and scalp. It will damage the very roots of your scalp.
    Check out for SLS in toothpaste too!!!
    Use the ones which are free from this extremely harmful chemical.
    Type in 'SLS Free Shampoo' or 'SLS Free Toothpaste' in Google..Com to get a list of companies selling safe products.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]

[/FONT]Attention please.....

Don't eat Kurkure because it contains high amount of plastic if U don't believe burn Kurkure n U can see plastic melting. Please forward to all!!!!!!!!!!!
    Inform all whom you think requires this message as they eat Kurkure.

News report from Times of India
    Avoid these tablets they are very dangerous
    § D Cold
    § Vicks Action- 500
    § Actifed
    § Coldarin
    § Cosome
    § Nice
    § Nimulid
    § Cetrizet-D

They contain
    Phenyl- Propanol -Amide PPA.Which causes strokes, and these tablets are banned by FDA in U.S.

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]Cotton Ear Buds.... (Must read it)

Please do not show sympathy to people selling buds on roadside or at signals.....
    Just wanted to warn you people not to buy those packs of ear buds you get at the roadside.. It's made from cotton that has already been used in hospitals.
    They take all the dirty, blood and pus filled cotton, wash it, bleach it and use it to make ear buds. So, unless you want to become the first person in the world to get Herpes Zoster Oticus (a viral infection of the inner, middle, and external ear) of the ear and that too from a cotton bud, DON'T BUY THEM!

Please forward to all. This may be helpful for someone...........
    [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] [/FONT]

2. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

thanks for the information, I am passing this to my friends and family now. Thanks again

3. aneesbasha

aneesbasha Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Thanks for the valuable information. It helps us to aware for not using such kind of products.
    Let me share this with my family & friends

4. gisjul

gisjul Senior IL'ite

Dear mssunitha2001,

Thank you for the valuable information that you have posted, but kindly note that the names of the Shampooes that you have posted that are banned by Dubai Government is incorrect.

Body Shop is eco-friendly and they have renowned outlets all over the world...and I am a fan of all Body Shop products.

Sodium Laureth Sulfate is very dangerous and is also available in LUX shower gels. When we read the ingredients on the backside of the shampoo bottles they all have this SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate ) to create foam but it depends on the percentage it is used.:iagree

Please read the below article posted on Khaleej Times newpaper website which actually States the 17 names of shampooes that are banned here.

Khaleej Times Online - 17 Brands of Shampoo Withdrawn from Market

Dubai Municipality conducts periodic laboratory tests on samples of all products that enter the emirate’s market, and takes necessary measures to stop all products that contain banned materials.
    Among the brands withdrawn from the market are Olive Essence Shampoo (Ruoshan brand), Ginseng Essence Shampoo (Roushan brand), Gornia Shampoo (Gornia brand), Eggs Shampoo (Cooler brand), Herbals Gentle Baby Shampoo (Himalaya), Herbal Shampoo with Cedar and Myrtle Extract and Glycerine (Sehat brand, Batch Nos. 1879, 1367), Herbals Gentle Baby Shampoo (Himalaya brand), Protein Shampoo Normal Hair (Himalaya), Himalaya Herbal Anti-Dandruff Shampoo-Greasy Hair (Himalaya, Batch Nos. K038002, K038003), Sehat Almond Shampoo, Sehat Cedar Shampoo, Sehat Sedr Shampoo (Batch Nos.1879, 1367) and Sehat Henna Shampoo.

Dont take it personally. :yes: I know that we all are concerened for each other and when I recieve such mails myself, I also post such messages for the well being of all illites. But at times trust me they tend to be a bit misleading too.....

Warm Regards,
    gisjul

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  5. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear gisjul

Thank you so much for having replied in detail and also the listing the brand names of the products that have been banned.. it would be really useful to all who havent heard about these names yet ...including myself. :coffee

Thanks really !!!!!!!!!!!!:)

-regards
    sunitha