1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best branded handbag in India?

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by anika987, Dec 26, 2015.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

My friend wants a nice handbag for her from the USA.she told me to get a good one.
    i want to get one for her..but wat are the brands which people know of in Indiafrom the USA..I know there r very high end brands in India.however,which brand fro the USA is well known in India,which people commonly carry around?i would prefer to invest in a well
    known brand.

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Calvin Klein

1 person likes this.
  3. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

Michael Kors, in a neutral colour!

1 person likes this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Everything we get in the US is now available in India. It might be limited in scale but the same brands carry weight all over the world. In fact, I find my Indian relatives far more up to date and conscious of the latest brands than I am. Your choice will depend on your budget.

$100-250 -- Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Armani Exchange, Dooney and Bourke
    $150-450 -- Michael Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Rebecca Minkoff, Emerson Fry
    $300-800 -- Tory Burch, Alexander Wang, Some Philip Lim, Some Salvatore Ferragamo, Marc Jacobs, Kors Michael Kors.

Then you have the true luxury brands like, Fendi, Burberry, Balenciaga, Proenza Schouler, Chloe, Miu Miu, Prada, Celine, Valentino, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Hermes etc etc, that start around $1500 and can go up as far as you can imagine!

All of these brands have high recognition in India. You pick what you want to spend. If you have a sum in mind, I can provide some recommendations.

5 people like this.
  5. Lakshmipav

Lakshmipav Silver IL'ite

Michael kors .. Best brand ..

got the recently in thanks giving deals for $120 .. Actual worth of $300

1 person likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks friends.The budget is upto $200....

7. Gauri03

Color, style, utility preferences?

8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

At that budget, you could look into Longchamp. The Le Pliage large tote is around $150. I like the nylon version as it is roomy, very well made, easy to clean and keeps it's looks year after year. It comes in many great colors.
    The Dooney and Bourke bags are also good. In addition to a tote, I have a small crossbody purse that I use while traveling.
    Coach has great bags too.

2 people like this.
  9. Gauri03

The Le Pliage tote is a beloved iconic bag, but I'd be careful buying a nylon bag, unless the recipient is aware of its cult status. I once bought a Coach shoulder bag for my MIL, with the signature Coach print on canvas, leather trims and handle. It DID NOT go down well! She didn't even try to hide her disappointment. She kept touching it and saying, 'oh, it's cloth'. :) Anything not pure leather is considered cheap, more so if the recipient is older!

OP, I'd look into Michael Kors satchels, like the Hamilton, or the Selma. They are made of good quality saffiano leather, a type of stiff leather that retains its structure, and both bags come in a range of lovely colors. If you go to the outlet store, you can find slightly modified versions of these bags for under $200. Price is even better on sale days or with coupons. If you want a smaller crossbody style, look at the Marc Jacobs Q Mini Natasha bag. I got one in a bright red color for under $200 on sale. Buy from a department store to be sure of authenticity.

4 people like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Prefer a dark color, tote bag or shoulder bag