1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

When to wear diamond earrings?

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by curtainsdown, Oct 26, 2015.

1. curtainsdown

curtainsdown Silver IL'ite

I have the ubiquitous diamond stud that is typically worn in many south indian homes. One would wear it with gold jhumkas usually.
    I dont have a matching neck piece. - When can I wear this ? with what kind of sarees in a wedding?

For a typical silk saree, I would want to go with matching stone studded jewellery - would that be better or shd i opt for gold neck piece and this diamond+gold ear piece?
    opinions / suggestions??

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes, with silk sarees and also with classic cottons with broad zari borders.
    In case of cotton sarees, for semi formal occasions, can wear the diamond earrings with one or two gold chains.
    Also with dark, plain chiffons, mysore silks, paired with a high neck blouse ( neck piece not necessary)
    One more idea is making a matching pendent- can be made to be worn in a chocker (addigai type) or the contemporary short chain.

3. curtainsdown

curtainsdown Silver IL'ite

I really like your idea of high neck blouse.. so no neck piece reqd. mysore silk saree and teh diamond stud with gold jhumka.

Thanks much.

And for a plain solid color mysore silk saree, I can opt for a checked blouse of contrast color in cotton? ????

1 person likes this.
  4. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

daimond neckless can be wore with gold earings

and u can where daimond neckless with long chain and god earings for marriages n all it looks super

5. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You are welcome :)
    Yes, checked in cotton/ silk cotton.
    Also paisley prints/ mirror work blouses for plain chiffons .

6. ShallyLim

ShallyLim New IL'ite

You should wear your diamond ear ring. with plain blue royal colour saree with broad golden border.
    it will be awesome.

7. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

as for as diamond ear rings are concerned, they can be worn on any special occasions, they will add sparkles. gold jhumki are treated as set to diamond ear rings, as they go well with them. now days you can buy attachments like pearl or gold petals or ruby rounds that can be worn with diamond ear rings.

8. AarohiSharma

AarohiSharma New IL'ite

If you want to wear a Diamond Gemstone, you can wear a 0.5 to 1 carat Diamond.Diamond should have white color and less black spots in side. Make in gold or silver ring and wear it in the morning of any Friday during Shukla Paksha, wear it in the last or middle finger.

9. Freegals

Freegals New IL'ite

Many fancy diamond earrings have come. You can wear them in daily basis as it gives a sparkle

10. Vincyclara

Vincyclara New IL'ite

Though Diamond dominates among other jewels the perfect metal to pair up with it is Gold! So you can wear diamond with any other gold ornaments. And coming to saree silks would be my suggestion for you.