1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Earrings without certificate

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by pumpkin01, Jun 5, 2015.

1. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Hey all, my hubby gifted me a pair of diamond earring for our 10th wedding anniversary they look good I am happy but the thing that is bothering is the earrings are from the designer brand and they don't give any certificate...though the shop has other stuffs on which they give certificate.......

I have got a ring which has got the certificate with the details like clarity, cut and all that. My question is should I be worried as the earrings are without certification and return them ?? Please advice.

2. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

Hii,just simply go and ask certificate from the shop.

3. pumpkin01

My hubby did ask the day he bought and they said they don't give certificate those earrings are from designer brand.

4. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

OP, keep them as it is a gift from ur DH. if u return it is not a nice gesture. Ur dh love is more valuable than the real value of those diamonds.

1 person likes this.
  6. sonnymarce

sonnymarce Senior IL'ite

Yes off course you must have any proof or any certificate of any diamond ornament. No doubt with love and affection of your husband’s gift but still you have to be clear from your side in these kind of things.

7. pumpkin01

Thanks for the reply, the shop from where we got the earrings is a reputed shop and also they have given 10yr gurantee from their side still I am not very convinced ....... we didn't return as hubby said we have got them to keep and not to sale :)

8. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

If u want to sell and get new stuff after few years, go to the same designer/shop, so u can get good value for those diamonds. u can visit the shop now and ask how u can sell ur diamonds to get a new design. Their answer will give some satisfaction for u, I think.

9. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

If you have any plans for exchange in the future, then you better go and demand a certificate. if you plan to keep it yourself forever then no need of a certificate. Also keep the receipts with you, as the shop has promised 10 years guarantee.

10. Marzipan

Marzipan Gold IL'ite

Shop's certificates don't mean much. They can lie about the clarity, carat weight etc. If you want to be certain, the best thing is to have an qualified independent gemologist provide an appraisal / grading certificate. This can cost you a bit but can put your mind at rest.