1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

buy gold in USA or in India

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by samarpitha, Apr 10, 2014.

1. samarpitha

samarpitha New IL'ite

Planning to buy gold in USA ..... Is it worth infront of indian gold rate

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

One of my friend He will buy Gold from Dubai, When he is travelling to India He will take 3 days transit visa and buy Gold here. You can get Pure Gold with no wastage and tax free with Indian designs.

consider if possible.

3. samarpitha

samarpitha New IL'ite

Thanku sumanrathi ya il tak ur words

4. ljk

ljk New IL'ite

Although you get 99.999% pure gold in American eagle or Maple leaf gold coin, you can't sell it easily in India ( meaning you won't get the value of 100% pure gold on that particular selling day). I got two coins from US and took it to India. In India I was not able to pawn it in bank and get jewel loan because the coin is not considered as a jewelry. It at least need a hook to consider it as pendant. This is what many bankers told me, when i tried to pawn maple leaf coins which are 99.999% pure gold. I tried to make some jewelry out of it and all the goldsmith were not evaluating it for 100% gold. Still they considered it as 99.9% gold and deducted some amount for destructing it and "making losses".

Still, I was able to make some profit by considering the dollar to rupee variation. But i think I could have easily done that in India and not worth that much hassle of buying it here and taking it to India.
    Maple leaf is the most counterfeited gold coin in world and you should really trust you buyer when you buy gold from US. It is worth if you want the coin to be preserved and appreciated as it is and pass it on to generations.

Best investment mode option to buy gold is ETFs. On the other hand American eagle, Maple leaf, Australian Kangaroo coins are treated all across the world equally and it is an actual paper currency wherever you stand in globe except in India and with Indians with few caveats.

3 people like this.
  5. samarpitha

samarpitha New IL'ite

Thanks to all d replies really got to knw mny things

6. bindukolli

bindukolli Silver IL'ite

Hi Sumanrathi..
    Do we get jewelery with indian designs in Dubai...can you throw some light for this... i will be relocating to Saudi in next month. this info will be helpful to me..
    Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this.
  7. sumanrathi

We can get lot of Indian design, the famous Joy alukkas, Dhamas, Kalyan Jewelry, Thatil Jewelry, Atlas Jewelry, and more are having Indian designs. When you come let me know I will guide you and help my level best.

1 person likes this.
  8. bindukolli

bindukolli Silver IL'ite

sumanrathi.. i am trying to send a PM...can u pls clear your inbox.

1 person likes this.
  9. troubledmom

troubledmom Gold IL'ite

sumanrathi,
    can u please clarify one thing... are you suggesting us to buy in Dubai branch of famous Indian jewelry stores if we want Indian designs? I was under the impression that only gold souk of Dubai will have the 100% pure gold as per their stds. If we go to branch of Indian jewelry store in Dubai, wont their gold purity and quality be same as in the rest of their shops in India for that chain? Usually the same quality is available in all branches of a particular store is it not?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. sumanrathi

you can send now