1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy a SI diamond or stick to VS1or VS2 ?

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by cooks2010, Mar 29, 2014.

1. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

I am in the market for diamond ring. Someone mentioned that I shouldn't go for a SI clarity because it has inclusions and its some Asian superstition about buying diamond with dark spots. Any thoughts?

I was thinking of going for SI with superior cut and F - H color for a 0.8 - 0.9ct diamond. I would appreciate comments from anyone with experience in buying certified ddiamonds.

Thanks,
    Cooks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014

2. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Re: r ould you buy a SI diamond or stick to VS1or VS2 ?

Any recommendations appreciated :), I dont have prior experience buying diamonds.

thanks,
    Cooks.

3. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I think SI is not really good quality as far as clarity is concerned. I think anything lower than VS1 is not worth it. But keep in mind just as important is cut and color- an excellent cut is a must in D, E or F color and you can maybe even push it to VS2.

It is extremely rare to find flawless diamond. Majority of diamonds have some inclusions but not visible to naked eye. After IF is VVS1, VVS2, VS1 and VS2- all of these do not really have any visible inclusions if it is of excellent cut and color. Also want to add, you cannot look at one aspect but have to take the C's together into consideration with cut being most important. Where ever you buy make sure its a GIA cert diamond.

1 person likes this.
  4. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the advice. I will definitely remove SI from my list and stick to excellent cut with VS1-VS2 and E-H. Because of budget reasons I included G and H.

Will it make a big difference between E and H if the cut is excellent and VS1-VS2?

I will also make sure its GIA certified and take a look at the ideascope too.

thanks,
    Cooks.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014