1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Optimum weight for a Vaddanam

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by Sushmavarala, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

Hi,I am planning/thinking of purchasing one vaddanam for my daughter. Though she is 9 years old, I want to buy one that would suit her when she is 20 years too. Can anyone please provide me some information as to what should be the ideal weight(in gram weightage) of a standard vaddanam.Let me know all your valuable thoughts on this.Thanks in Advance,Sushma

2. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Sorry what exactly is a Vaddanam?

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i think she meant oddiyanam which is an ornament worn on the hip during the olden days they never were without it even now in many karnataka villages they have this oddiyanam..[​IMG]

4. mtkm

mtkm New IL'ite

Hi

The appropriate weight for a Odiyanam(waist belt) should be 100-120 gms 22K gold.The solid old fashioned one (refer sunkan ma'am's post) is more preferable.It should expandable one with belt style (holes).Please avoid stones like rubies,diamonds and emerald or synthetic stones etc on the center design.It involves lot of wastage and cost.Rather go in for a mopu(clip on - stone studded design ) .Let me know if u need further info.Take care.

Regards
    Latha

5. mtkm

mtkm New IL'ite

Hi sushma

The ideal weight for a Odiyanam is 100-120 gms 22K gold.The solid old fashioned type(refer sunkan ma'am post) is the best.It should have the expandable belt style.Please avoid stone work (diamonds,emerald, rubies ,synthetic stones etc) on the center.It involves lot of wastage and labour Rather use s studded mopu ( a clip on type) to highlight the center of the belt.Let me know if u need further info.Take care.

Regards
    Latha

6. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

Thank you all for providing me information on the weight of Vaddanam. I had also visited jewellery shop to know about the weight, so that i could plan for the budget. My idea is to take a plain vaddanam that is of 36 inches and then take the add on rubies with the clip feature. At today's price this should come at around 2 lakhs rupees.

7. jpadma

jpadma Senior IL'ite

vaddanam-a waist band made of gold /gold with precious stones, minimum weight should be of 130-200 gms. nowadays it is common wearing this for most occasions, especially in andhra

8. kss_v

kss_v New IL'ite

I'm looking out for latest and beautiful designs of waist band if available online.

Rgds,
    kssv

9. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

I saw these hope you like them..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  10. Shubham