1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Second ear piercing!!

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by kiranmayi, May 9, 2010.

1. kiranmayi

kiranmayi New IL'ite

Hi all,

I've started this forum to discuss the second ear piercing. I recently got mine done by Gunshot method right above the regular piercing. I may go for one or two more , especially a pearl drop in my tragus. I surprisingly faced some revolt from mom, who herself has 6 per ear. Please discuss your thoughts and experiences with second ear piercings :)

Kiranmayi

2. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Hey Kiranmai,

wonder why no one has replied..

i got mine done way back whn i was studying....it was not gun shot for me...this person is known in my family for years...he did my first piercing too......

i was very adamant abt getting second one done coz my classmates had it...so my dad calld that person...whn he finally arrived i ran and locked myself in a room :biglaugh saying i was joking i dont want.......

but my mom dragged me and we got it done........yes it was the ancient way so obviously it was paining and i got fever by that ngt....:bonk

but after 2 days i was showing off.......:thumbsup

3. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Hey Kiranmai,

wonder why no one has replied..

i got mine done way back whn i was studying....it was not gun shot for me...this person is known in my family for years...he did my first piercing too......

i was very adamant abt getting second one done coz my classmates had it...so my dad calld that person...whn he finally arrived i ran and locked myself in a room :biglaugh saying i was joking i dont want.......

but my mom dragged me and we got it done........yes it was the ancient way so obviously it was paining and i got fever by that ngt....:bonk

but after 2 days i was showing off.......:thumbsup

4. gayurags

gayurags New IL'ite

Why will your mom drag you to do it. Aren't ear piercings a matter of choice rather than any compulsion. This is a fashion issue, and is best left to us to decide. I've heard of nose piercing compulsion stories. None so with the ear.

I have one above the usual piercing in diamond that I got done about 10 yrs ago when I was 31. Looks cute and definitely adds to my feminity. Thinking of one more for my tragus now that Kiranmayi has given me the idea, My children have grown up and I have finished my responsibilities. I am free to experiment :thumbsup

5. kiranmayi

kiranmayi New IL'ite

Yaaay!!! Nice...I am postponing getting my tragus done until my next paycheck ..which is one month away :cry:

by the way....exactly, why would your mother force you to get it done. LIke gayurags says, isnt it a matter of personal fashion? Is it some ritual in your house to get a second piercing? I havent heard of anything like that.

Also gayurags, why wait till you have finished all your responsibilities for something as simple as ear piercing?

6. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Hey gayurags and kiranmai,

there is no tradition or anything in my family....yes it is all about fashion......i mean to say that i used to oscillate saying yes i want and again no i dont want.......and as long as i dint hav i used to keep complaining that i wanted it.......and she took me a couple of times to his shop too, but after going there i used to get scared and backoff....so whn he finally came to my house my mom was fed up of my tantrums....:rotfl

hope you got it now.......:bonk

7. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

Hey Kiranmayi ,
    Why is your mom objecting if she has 6 in each ear !! It looks good if you have a broad lobe else not . AND max three dont go beyond that . Till 3 its ok after that it does not look good.

Bye
    Soma

8. Cuteprincess

Cuteprincess Silver IL'ite

You can go for one more piercing. My friend has done it and it looks good. I am also planning to get it done in a few days :)

9. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

Double piercing is good but that depends on the ear ring or the nose pin u wear.

Just thought of sharing a double piercing picture.

10. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

WOW !! I have never seen this before ..... so cute .....