1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Your suggestions for Vaddanam/Oddiyanam

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by SushmaReddy, Dec 2, 2009.

1. SushmaReddy

SushmaReddy New IL'ite

Dear ladies,

I am Sushma, not new as a viewer of ladies discussions :coffee but not involved in new posts since there are already many answers for all kinds of queries from experts. I visit Indus ladies discussions at least twice per day...I really appreciate all of Ilites ..great job indeed! :clap
    OK, going back to topic..I need some of your help regarding Vaddanam..I am planning for my daughter now she is 4 years old, but I want vaddanam in the way that she can even use when she grows ( and of course I can sometimes :idea)

What would be the good enough weight for vaddanam?

Which model you would prefer? belt type ( old style) or chain type (latest trend)..Latest trend is looking very nice but few of my relatives saying that it will break very easily

What about making a plain vaddanam ( add few stones) then make separate clip like laxmi idols or...so that we can clip them to vaddanam while we can also use them like a pendant or hair jewelry. I just saw this discussion in other thread but I don't have any idea :(

Last request..Please post your's vaddanam pics. Thank you all in advance :rotfl

Cheers, Sushma :cheers

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi sushma,

My oddiyanam weighs nearly 80 gms/10 sovereigns ... Any oddiyanam model less than 6/7 sovereigns neither has a resale value nor comes for lifelong...Because they use powder instead of solid gold so as to make the model pretty and slender...

Always go for a solid model..now-a-days you have plenty of options..will post few pics for you..mine is somewhat similar to the first picture

Also for dual use(you and your daughter)..go for belt model or hook model..belt model involves more grams of gold but worth the penny..whereas hook model is very slender, so we should take atmost care while handling it..the first picture is the belt model..whreas the rest are hook type

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  3. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Few more...

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  4. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

WOW..These collections are amazing Cindhuja.I always have an eye on oddiyanam:crazy.Please post yours if time permits.:)

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Thanks RG..Itz in my home-town..Will post it very soon...Just a solid investment otherwise i am able to use it for close one's functions alone :hide:

6. SushmaReddy

SushmaReddy New IL'ite

Dear Cindhuja

Many thanks for your kind feed back.

I am thinking to make one with 150gms. I didn't know that they also use gold in powder form! at least now I know it, thanks for it :clap

My choice is also belt model and I liked the first one :) and also last one (peacock work) but when I checked in totaram site, there I found this model requires 195 grams! do you think we can manage the same with 150gms?

I will be also waiting to see yours oddiyanam :)

Best Regards
    Sushma

7. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi Sushma,

150 gms is more than enough..sure it would be solid :thumbsup....

Now-a-days we can get customized jewels easily..no worries...rather than browsing just visit few shops in person..do you have tanishq in your locality, if so please check wit them..coz the purity is absolutely :hatsoff... If not check with your favourites too..

And one more thing..most of the machine cut jewels are not solid...in the first picture...you might notice few slender hangings as curves ..they are truly of nil resale value whereas the rest of the areas in the same oddiyanam is solid

8. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

I had recently seen 2 of the designs posted here in New GRT.

9. anudhivi

anudhivi Silver IL'ite

hi sushma,
    i too have a one with 115 gms only.
    minimum oddiyanam must be 15 sovereigns.
    150 gms is great enough..

10. SushmaReddy

SushmaReddy New IL'ite

Hi Cinduja,

As per your suggestion I will surely check with Tanishq and will try to avoid those slender chains. I really appreciate your patience for taking time to reply meBow

Hi Brinda, I will check those designs, thank you for the input.

Hi Dhivya, Thank you too :) Post your oddiyanam picture if you have time :)

BR, Sushma