1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gold Locker Facility in US

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by simplegal, Mar 14, 2009.

1. simplegal

simplegal New IL'ite

Hi,

Where do you guys keep gold for safe keeping. Back in india we keep all jewellery except some small earrings and bangles in the locker. Here in US , i keep everything at home. It's pretty safe locality , but still sometimes i feel safe to keep the bigger sets in some safe keeping place. Do you guys use locker facility in banks? If so, how often can we open the locker? I am sure there must be a price incurred with this? How much will that be?

Thanks!

2. bearpal

bearpal Guest

Hi simplegal,

Yes, you can have a "safe deposit box" in the banks in the US too. It varies by size. The smallest one is about 2*3 or so. Price per year is around $35 for the smallest size. If you have an Advantage account (certain minimum balance), then there is a discount of about 50%. Check with the banks in your area.
    (Note: the smallest size may not fit passport storage, so select based on your needs and availability)

You can operate/use it as many times as you want when the bank is open. Some banks also have a private section that you can use when you want to keep/take things from your locker box.

For example: Bank of America, Citibank
    (not all locations will have availability, so you may be in a queue, make a request and check).

Ofcourse, they will ask for id proof (Driver's license, etc.,) to operate. And you will have a key (the box can be opened only when your key and the banker's key are present).

Take care.