1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Jewellery Making - Materials - US & Other Places

Discussion in 'Jewellery Making' started by PriyaDominic, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ginnysusan

ginnysusan New IL'ite

Fashion jewellery making

Hi friends,

I live in Deira, Dubai. I'm interested to make designer jewellery. Can anyone help me to find out where can I get the kit and the guide to make designer jewellery.

Thanks,
    Ginny

2. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Re: Fashion jewellery making

Check if you have any local arts & crafts store, they may give you lead on this...

3. ani123

ani123 Senior IL'ite

re: Jewellery Making - Materials - US & Other Places

Hi Viji,

Thank you for the info...that is one good piece of info.I'm from South Florida :). 'm looking forward for bead show and would definetly look for books in local library.dont have access to PM yet :(

4. visalamkrishnan

visalamkrishnan Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    If you are having Ben franklin in ur area, plzz visit there. They are seeling all the Beads, crystals, Small to Big pendents,etc.You need not buy the whole pack. Even a single stone or according to ur design u can buy the stones , beads etc. Joann & Micheals you can find A to Z of jewellery making materials. Every week they will have sale & discount coupons.
    Vk

5. JennM

JennM New IL'ite

I saw that someone else recommended Wholesale Beads and Jewelry Making Supplies - Fire Mountain Gems and Beads, and I can say from personal experience that it is a great place to order from. The prices are pretty good, especially with the "mix and match" pricing, and the orders arrive quickly.

I have ordered sterling silver beads and other findings, and they are good quality. The gemstones and glass beads are nice too. They have a lot of tools and "ready-made" jewelry too. My last order included some sterling silver bangles...they are beautiful!

Visit the website, and sign up for a catalog. They'll send it to you in a few days.

Good luck with your adventure in jewelry making!

Jenn

6. ani123

ani123 Senior IL'ite

Hi JennM,

I Ordered free catalog from firemountain a week back after seeing ur message (happened to see ur post luckily :)) and I got catalog from them....its amazing.Thank you so much for letting us know about it.

I'm so engrossed in that book and its so delightful to see all those beads :)

So as you said their products are good right...will have to check and order some.

cant wait to do that...thanks much

7. saragilda

saragilda Senior IL'ite

Jewellery making : materials in France (IDF)

hello everyone,
    can anyone tell me stores where i can buy materials (beads, for kundan jewellery etc ) in France (IDF)
    thanks in advance

8. ashwinikamath

ashwinikamath New IL'ite

Jewelery making material in Mumbai

Hi all,

I am visiting mumbai next week and i would really like to shop for the jewelery making materials like beads, kundans etc as i am not able to find anything in Hyd. Can anyone plz tell me the places where these materials are available in mumbai ?

Thanks in advance :)

-Ashwini.

9. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Re: Jewelery making material in Mumbai

Hi Ashwini, Welcome to Indus !!!
    The best place to buy them in bulk is Bhuleshwar. There are lots of shops and you can go around and buy of your choice.

10. RamyaKrishn

RamyaKrishn Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I see that there has been a lot of discussions about the cost of beads in US... Ofcourse they are costly, I did my experiment and you can buy online which is cheap and the quality is also good...

If your is search is for

A. Swarovski Crystals - try www.artbeads.com there will be sale items and if you purchase once they send you coupon codes for further purchases!!! Hey did I mention the shipping* is free out there!!!

B. Seed Beads - next most wanted once will be the seed beads which most of the begginers would look for try www.suncountrygems.com, they sell beads in 10g tubes and obviously cheaper than A.C.Moore and Michaels... Again shipping* is free if your order is above $5 / $7...

* Always choose the Standard Mail in US for Free shipping...

Hope you all will find what you need at a lesser price!!!