1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Quality earring hooks

Discussion in 'Jewellery Making' started by kavi257570, Jan 21, 2013.

1. kavi257570

kavi257570 Silver IL'ite

Hi all... thanks for the constant support ur giving me wid ur guidelines and tips in jewellery making..

am writing this after searching the whole jewellery making forum topics and thread..
    I bought a pack of earring hooks gold color for RS.40 approx in oswal stores.
    But it did not seem to be of good quality and i asked for better quality.. he told me that is the only quality he has.
    Also i bought similar packs in copper and silver color.. and made few earrings with dat and gave to my little cousin.. she came back within a week saying that color has gone and its all white now and its not strong enough to hold heavy beads...
    I could see many of u using good quality earring hooks.. Kindly tell me where to get good quality earring hooks and matching color jumprings..also i got only gold and silver jump rings.. is jump ring available in antique color????

Also i heard from many that there are good shops in sowcarpet other than Milan and oswal for jewellery making items.. but i found oswal very costly... even pandian stores tnagar has very little stuff and has less variety in antique...

Kindly suggest me anyother shop if u know...
    I am struggling a lot to get the materials wid gud quality.

Thanks in advance....!!!

2. passionate89

passionate89 Platinum IL'ite

Kavi,

Good quality earrings hooks have the color of oxidised metal. They cost around 12 - 15Rs per pair...

For kids, There are earrings hooks of smaller sizes available.

The poor/low quality earring hooks would look like silver. In week's time they turn their color due to rough use.

I have heard that shops in Paris Corner have 3 qualities of earring hooks available. But I am not sure of the shop's name..

2 people like this.
  3. kavi257570

kavi257570 Silver IL'ite

Thanks sukanya for the reply... Yes i could see many ppl are buying from parrys only... since am new am struggling to get help regarding the materials... :(

Its new that am hearing der is seperate size of ear hook for kids.. thanks so much for this input... :)
    Nice of u.. :)

4. passionate89

Your welcome dear :)

1 person likes this.
  5. passionate89

your welcome kavi :)

1 person likes this.
  6. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

buy online with free shipping from ebay.com. all the products are of good quality

2 people like this.
  7. kavi257570

kavi257570 Silver IL'ite

Thanks jayyu... is ebay price reasonable compared to buying directly frm shop..?

8. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Hi, Ebay india does not have raw materials. Ebay other countries have. But you will have to shed out more for customs.

2 people like this.
  9. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

If you can get a good supplier in jaipur, you can have good quality materials at a good price. people staying in same area/city can order bulk from any supplier in jaipur. This way you can save shipping cost and will get a good price too.

2 people like this.
  10. kavi257570

kavi257570 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Kamala mam for ur genuine guidance... :)