1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Sishya's attempt.....

Discussion in 'Jewellery Making' started by Sudha Kailas, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

This is another "TRIBUTE" to my everloving teacher amma "VCHINTARAVI" ma....

After seeing her "TEMPLE JEWELLERY" necklace was so tempted to try one...so before even giving her my response made one quickie call and she gave me the address, details and how she did it.......

I called my SIL who is in Chennai on vacation and she promptly sent me some materials..........completed 2 of them.....and they are here for you..

SIL has been behind me since last Navarathri to dress up her ambal mugam like mine with temple jewellery and so I began with these..

Chinta ma.......my :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown to you before I present it to the world !!

1. First picture - materials that come in packs - prices vary from Rs. 95, Rs.120 and Rs. 145/-

1 person likes this.

2. Sudha Kailas

Picture 2 - Materials for preparing Necklace 1.

Picture 3 - Completed Necklace 1.

3 people like this.
  3. Sudha Kailas

Picture 4 - Materials for preparing Necklace 2.

Picture 5 - Completed Necklace 2.

3 people like this.
  4. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Wow!!Really great work done following your teacher's tips:thumbsup.Thanks for sharing.

Could you please tell the shop name where these materials are available?

5. Mathu

Mathu Senior IL'ite

The pieces look very nice and tempting to do.It will be very helpful if you can give me the details of the stores where you got all those materials from Chennai.Am travelling there next week.will try to buy some and try my hand on it:)

Thank you and keep sharing such nice stuff:thumbsup

6. Vchintaravi

Vchintaravi Gold IL'ite

What is this Sudha?!Iam not worthy of your high sounding praising words. Thogh I was a teacher by profession Idid not teach you temple jewellary.I just shared what I knew . You and your dear friend Saroj are too good and praise me too much.
    You have displayed the material and explained temple jewellery making well.I used pearls between maangaas but I think you have used double golden balls.

7. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Pretty good mam thanks for sharing.

8. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sudha, Beautiful work:thumbsup:thumbsup. Where did you get it. I am not good at hand work, but I want to do it after seeing your necklace. I have time in my hand till end of September. Please let us know where and how to do.

Thanks ot your Guru too.:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

Wonderful piece of work. No words to praise you. You are always too good. May God bless you and always keep you healthy and keep your eyes always powerful so that we can have more and more of your craft work. You make your Guru proud always.

love
    viji

10. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sudha, my friend, excellent coordination between Chintaravi mam-your SIL- and you, to have learnt how to craft, buy material required and then craft them. Very good. If we buy the ready made once then they are sooooooooo pricey, but when we do it ourselves them they are very economical........with navarathiri festive round the corner, these will be very useful to decorate the idols.
    I can see that you have crafted each and every piece with lots of love and care so they are neat and bright to look. Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Love
    Shanta