1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happily Married but Sexually Unsatisfied?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by ankita_chitnis, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rosequeen

rosequeen Bronze IL'ite

Does your husbands friends wife know about this? If no then its definitely not correct. There can be no excuse to cheat.
    However some couples in the US (definitely not in India, still too conservative), have an open marriage sort of thing where they look outside with the full knowledge of the wife. We should not be passing comments on morality of such relationships as its strictly between husband and wife

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Thoughts that I had on reading the postings on this thread:

Why does everyone want ihusband to stick with his wife? He obviously doesn't like her, they have no kids, do you want her to suffer through this for 50 years instead of one? It must be hell for her to never measure up. She deserves someone who is a better husband for her.

As for Ankita's husbands friend: he may very well be sexually frustrated in his marriage. Who knows what or what not his wife does in that department? Maybe she is the one that has some problem not obvious to casual observer. That being said, extramarital affairs generally result in unhappiness, even amongst folks with the intellectual view that open marriage is ok. Eventually something goes wrong and there is a blowup.

Ankita: It would be better if your husband was hanging around with someone with values more in line with your home values. Stay vigilant.

3. rosequeen

rosequeen Bronze IL'ite

If he does not like her, he can file for divorce. That's completely his choice and no one should comment on it. Cheating is not morally correct although it is legal in the US.

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Rosequeen:
    I had to look up your comment about adultery being legal in the USA. When I was a kid it was still prosecuted and apparently the adultery laws in the USA are often still in existence although rarely prosecuted now. It depends on which state that you live.

This article is interesting:
    Adultery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the record: I do not support adultery/extramarital relations both from a moral and a functional level.

5. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

If sexual relationships outside marriage are carried out with mutual understanding and both husband and wife are agreeable to it, I don't see any issue, why that should be considered as bad.

That said, this issue is more for each couple to decided on their own, depending on their own condition. I feel repulsive to any such idea myself as I believe it has the potential to cause irreparable damage to the marriage itself.
    Also if such exceptions are to be applied, they should be applicable equally for husband and wife and both the spouses should be agreeable to that. But I see that most couple seem to have taken for granted that it is acceptable for only husband to stray out of marriage. May be this is because for most women woman sexual relationships are more intimate and are automatically intertwined with love and feeling and for men it is the other way round.

May be, I am just thinking too much.bonkI am noway an expert in such things!

1 person likes this.
  6. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

I just noticed, this thread was initiated in May 2006 (3yrs back) .

7. shubhradas

shubhradas New IL'ite

hi,
    your husband is right in that situation.

8. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Please do not give life to old threads unless the OP has urged for more responses or you want suggestions for a similar problem. This user has stopped logging in 3 yrs back ! Please see the last post and go ahead posting only if it is required.

Thanx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.