1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

gripe water in DS's eye by accident

Discussion in 'Infants' started by jhalli27, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

hi all.

yest while feeding DS (7 m 3 weeks old)gripe water (woodwards), she moved her head suddenly and a bit of gripe water entered her eyes :(. though i rinsed her eyes with water immediatel, im still scared if any harm will happen?? i dunno if its co-incidence or due to gripe water in her eye - she just did not sleep till 11.30 pm. usually she sleeps by 8 or 9 pm max. though this morning she was her usual self... im still worried. i did not tell this to anyone as my in lwas are hyper sensitive and will even end up getting wild and angry on me. it was an accident but :((

i wanna know is this harmful? what precautions should i take or look for any symptoms?? im very worried as i dont want any damage to her eyes :(((

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

please do not worry ; your dearest daughter's eyes will be alright. if you have a doubt then contact the Doctor...

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Jhalli,
    Seems you always press panic button wrt your DD. Nothing will happen dear. They are meant for kids only....so just stay calm and quite.
    Sometimes little shampoo will go to their eyes while bathing, but there wont be any harm.

4. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

@ priya - yea, i know. but better be safe than sorry. also my being 'cool' if anything happens to DD is interpreted as 'm too confident'. esp dh and mil have told me i act too smart. now staying with them fro 3 yrs, their insecurities are rubbing off on me i guess!!

anyways, thanks for the responses :)

5. samairasmom

samairasmom New IL'ite

oh ,, don't worry dear , it happens with me quite a times , it will not do any harm to ur baby , gripe water is just fennels seeds(saunf) water , it is more or less herbal..
    so chill.. but if u use nasal care which is saline water for the baby to put in nose then u need to be careful as it has salt and should not go in eyes , but rinsing is enough.. dnt wory!!