1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

revathy shankaran flash cards

Discussion in 'Infants' started by mitsviki, Apr 16, 2010.

1. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

Hi Mommies

i heard from some one some where....that revathy shankaran has designed some flash cards for baby to improve their learning skills has anyone heard about it?

if yes could you tell how helpful it is and where to buy it?

2. sumividya

sumividya Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    2 years before when my nephew was born , even my sister wanted to go to revathy sankaran & she wanted me to enquire regarding that.
    when i enquired at that time i came to know that revathy sankaran runs a institution for this purpose called MAZHALAYAR KALVI . in t.nagar chennai. she asked my sister to come & attend some classes regarding those flash cards , but due to lack of time my sis wasnt able to attend the classes.
    u can get her number from the website & enquire, this is what i know , lets see what other ilites tell regarding this

3. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

4. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Research show that babies do not learn sight words any earlier by having cards flashed at them...But research does show that the more you play with your child, the greater the chances of your child developing good cognitive skills and problem solving skills...and it doesn't have to with fancy toys..in fact pretend play where kids substitute one object for another facilitates creative thinking (this stage comes a few years later). So you don't have to rush out to buy expensive toys either...just interact with your child, play, sing, talk...

R

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  5. jvb2012

jvb2012 New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

Has you have said that
    Mazalayar kalvi is at t.nagar can anyone kindly provide me the full address of this institution in t.nagar which has been started by revathy shankaran from the video virunthinar pakkam as on Dt 11-11-13.