1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for a good Baby Book

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sumanr, Nov 11, 2009.

1. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey New & Old mommies

I had very good books during my pregnancy and they helped a lot in managing it. TOday, I do not have the time to read books and hence had taken the idea out. Oflate, I am learning that this is when I need information the most. Everyday is like a challenge.

Can someone please suggest a book or two on babies that I can follow and also get info on. Kindly note that this should be available at Chennai.

THanks
    Ramya

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

hey, may be i can leave a couple of my books with you! I think I have the mayo clinic book on baby's first year. lemme know if you are interested.

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

I have Dr. Spock but I dont rate it very highly. I got my cousin What to expect - the first year and she liked it a lot.

V.

4. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Suman
    I do recommend what to expect in the first year. It was my bedside bible all through her first year.
    -Nitha

5. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Thank you guys!! Will try buying 'what to expect'.
    Tikka - Yes, anything I can get will help. Do let me know how to contact/get you.

6. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

more the merrier, hey. The one problem is it is a hand me down, so it is a bit dated. Developmental milestones not going to change, but medical advice might, so you may need to update yourself. Deepa/Vidya have my number, if you are in touch with either of them, or you can google me :). Yeah, I am that famous LOL!

7. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Ramya,

That's a good investment in books. It will save you from unnecessary anxiety in the long run. Just borrowed a book "Parenting the Indian Way" by R K Narayan from my friend. Some home remedies and stuffs good tips from birth till childhood.

Nowadays paeditricians like a parent to be updated with atleast some knowledge, it just helps your understanding about the issue. Wish I were in Chennai, may be we could just open a mini library and exchange books.

Knowledge is never waste its a long time investement.