1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Infant education

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Mythily, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Info needed abt Infant education

Hi all,
    Can u suggest a good infant education centre in chennai?Any ideas abt 'Little Gems'.
    Also read in some site that infant education is not good for the child.Please post ur views on this.

2. harinivijay

harinivijay New IL'ite

Re: Info needed abt Infant education

hi mythili ,
    greetings.mys on is 2yrs and 4 months . i'm following infants learning flash cards from his 12 month. infants learning books ---i got it in usa by attending a seminar in my husband's office ( chrysler's office). here the doctors suggest you to read books for the babies of 3months and old at the night time before the baby goes to sleep .this is followed by many americans and library have books of different ages.

at infancy the education meaans stimulation of brain cells . its done surely by mom at home. little gems at chennai is one of the centre that helps u with materials and guidance . even u can make ur own , but a little guidance will do a better job. i 'm not sure about their concept of calmness (alazntha amaithi )in the child after taking up the course , definitely it improved his grasping powerand vocabulary .or may be i'm too early to judge them thr my kid .he may also need some time .i've started very recently only with little gems.

the infant education ---is a step to speech development as per my doc advice and my son's improving with that.

i opted at little gems too, not because i want him to be a genius or child prodigy . but he will be quick in grasping power and helps in his future education. this trust i got tby reading various researches in that field and consulting my doc.even after coming to india , i'm planning to continue the same.this is not a new methodology in this century , but it is adopted with abimanyu --chakra strategy with draupathi...(i think u know the story ..) and even we followed what our parents did...(by telling slokas or doing namasakar ,at an early age ...).now adays we are living alone almost not with elders and environment also determines the iq of the kids . we'll try with the environment ,here i'm not not talking any incharge with birth /genetically intelligent ...if it so, its gods gift .we can try our level best to acquire /add intelligence thr environment.thats the infant learning process.
    mom is the first teacher and best teacher . so i opted to try my best in it.

all the best !
    love to ur kutty(miss/master)
    harini

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  3. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Thanks for such a wonderful reply Harini..:)

4. Chinju

Chinju Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    My Daughter is 7 months old and i would like to know more about this "little gems". Can you please let me know where is this in Chennai or that i can approach them. Thanks in advance.

5. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    The little gems is in West Mambalam. In the same way you can check out Aspire Little kids. They too have a similar program for infants.

7. Chinju

Chinju Senior IL'ite

Thanks Mythily and Rajmiarun for the information. :2thumbsup:

8. sugan2008

sugan2008 New IL'ite

Hi Chinju ,

Did you join that course from littlegem or Aspires kidz..Howz the traing , is it worth ? since my daughter is 7 month now , so would like to join ..pls advise me about this.

Regs
    Suganthi

9. Chinju

Chinju Senior IL'ite

Hi Suganthi,
    No i havent joined the course for my daughter.

Thanks,
    Chinju

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    Though I have suggested about Little Gems and Aspire it in this thread, let me tell you something very frankly, I didnot do it for both my kids. But let me list out what I did to teach my kids:

1. I made flash cards for my kids. I used sketch pen and pictures cut from kids books.

2. For teaching shapes I used the items that are available at home and the same goes to colours too.

It is always better to use our imagination and creativity to do these flash cards and you will have the satisfaction that you did it to teach your kids. After all it is the mother who is the first teacher or the kids.

sindmani likes this.