1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Pampers!!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Nitha J, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends;
    Chinnu is getting bad diaper rash in the last 2 plus weeks. She had her first diaper rash when she was 3 weeks old (which was negligible in the words of doctor). I am little surprised why it came now. There is no big change in her diet. I added spinach and table foods like gerber graduate puffs etc.
    I change her diaper frequently. The longest gap is at night. I change it at 10.00 (just before I put to sleep) and changes around 2-3 in morning. Then changes around 7 in morn when she wakes up.
    I feel it started when Chinnu got promoted to size 3 pampers baby dry (maternal instinct). I could feel something like sand in its material, particularly when it gets wet. So last week we changed it to Pampers cruiser now, still no the rashes are not getting cured.
    I am applying desitin. Any idea why it might have come? Did anyone face this rash problem when you swithced diapers?
    - Nitha

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

not sure what the issue would be since you are changing the diapers often enough. are you giving her diaper free time? I put a water proof pad on the floor or on the bed and give my 10 month old 10 minutes of diaper free time every morning and evening and that keeps him rash free.

it could be an allergic reation to something eaten but you would have to isolate and feed each new food separately to identify the culprit.

I used and still use pampers swaddlers and find them to be the best. the other pampers, or huggies, 7th generation etc I did not like at all.

3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Is she eating any acidic food like tomato, orange ?
    Do you give enough Nakey time ?
    Thanks
    Mangai

4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nitha,
    You can apply some olive oil over the affected part. This tip I found in our IL site only. Olive oil soothes the skin.

5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Could be a new food you've introduced, since the diaper switch does not seem to help. Like the others suggested, do diaper free time. If possible go diaper free for entire nap time - (just place a waterproof pad on the crib) - air is the best remedy for diaper rashes. Desitin etc will help with minimizing contact with poop but air is the best healer. You can also blow dry using hair dryer on cool setting.

Just so you know I hated the Baby Dry as well; so went back to Cruisers.

6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pmahensa,Mangaii, Vidya, Pavs
    Thanks for the suggn. I think the diaper free time is the villian. I give her diaper free time only when I am oil massaging.
    Vidya, Thanks for Olive Oil suggsn.
    Mangaii;
    I am giving her oranges. Will that cause rashes? B/w That "nakey" time was funny ;)
    - Nitha

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  7. Mevitha

Mevitha New IL'ite

Nitha, I have read online that orange juice causes diaper rash in babies. Probably diluting it would help.
    Hoping Chinnu's rashes have gone or reduced..

8. tinaz

tinaz New IL'ite

Try huggies.......vry gud

9. Vinu4me

Vinu4me Senior IL'ite

Hi Nitha,

My LO is also having diaper rashes now. I use disposables for her only at night and CD's during day. But she still gotr those rashes and they look like prickly heat. I applied coconut oil and gave her some diaper free time. Its better now, but still there. I hope it goes off soon. I have'nt changed her diaper brand either. Its always been the same. I have no idea on food allergies though.

Hope coconut oil helps.

Thanks and Regards,
    Poornima