1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things to buy from India

Discussion in 'Infants' started by MeenLoch, Mar 11, 2009.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

My baby is due in April and I am traveling to India in June. I need some inputs for "Things to buy" for the baby from India, which one may not get in US.

My baby will be 4 months old when I return.

Anything else that I need to be ready with ?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hey, welcome to the Infants forum ( I moved your thread here since this is the appropriate place for your query). How are you? I was just thinking about you the other day. Wow, the baby is almost here! Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? Are you giving out that info yet or are you keeping it a secret like we did? I am so excited that you will be a regular in this forum now. I definitely hope so.

We traveled to India when Riya was about 2 1/2 months old. I didn't get much for her from there. The only things I went crazy on is clothes, since I am not too big on pink and princess kind of clothes abundantly found here, so I got some colorful dresses for her, some ethnics also. Let me see, what else. I got some ayurvedic massage oils for both of us. Most everything you get here so I didn't bother lugging them all the way from India. I am sure other moms will give you more suggestions.

I would also suggest you go through our alphabetical list on this forum, and read the 'Traveling to India' thread. You will find tons of info there.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Raj

3. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the information Raj.

The doc thinks it s a girl, but she isn't too sure. The baby wouldnt' cooperate. I will definitely need help to move around the 'Infant' section of IL. I am sure it carries lot of information like other sub-forums.

Can you share with me the link you are suggesting " Traveling to India'. Is it in the 'Infant' forum itself ?

4. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Here's the alphabetical listing of topics under the Infants sub-forum. You will find the link to Traveling and many more topics.

It's good to have surprises too. Boy or a girl, I hope and pray you have a good rest of the pregnancy and delivery. Do ask if you have any questions. Is anybody from India going to be with you during the delivery and after?

Raj