1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When will my baby roll over or turn to sides

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meena_arun, Dec 10, 2008.

1. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I am a mommy of a 10 week old baby boy.
    My cutie boy is not yet turning to his sides.
    If we lay him on his back he turns his head nicely from side to side, but he is not rolling from his back to his side.

When is the average week, when babies should roll from back to side and vice versa.
    Also when will they roll from back to their tummy

Cheers,
    Meena

2. priyaprem

priyaprem Bronze IL'ite

Hi Meena

Welcome to Motherhood...please visit babycentre.com and enter the stage of your baby and u will get your answers...as u know ..every baby is unique in their own way......so don't worry even when your baby is a skow in certain things or faster in certain skills rather...enjoy your time with baby....that's all matters isn't it?

(just a thought...)

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Meenu,

I don't think you need to worry since he's turning his head well. What you can do is guide him or assist him to turn on sides once or twice a day. Let him hold your finger and then you turn him on to the sides. Keep a hand on his back or knees whichever you think gives him support. Just twice on both sides, twice a day. Then he'll do it by himself. Also hold a toy on his side and encourage him to grab or touch it.

Latha

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Meena - Rolling over fully back-to front and vice-versa can happen as late as 6 mnths! (For my son it happened only when he was nearly 7 mnths) At 10 weeks it is pretty normal to only move the head. Also rolling over is NOT a major milestone - plenty of normal babies dont do it on time. "Tummy time" ie. placing him on his tummy for a few mins, several times/day may help but it really isnt something to worry about. Check with your pedi at your next visit so you can be doubly assured. Read this for more info.

Vanathi.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  5. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

Hi Priya Prem, Traveller and Aadhusmom
    Thank you so much for ur replies.
    I checked with my ped and she told me not to worry and that he is only 2 months old...he will turn soon.

Priya, for the past 2 days i am trying to hold him to his side with a very little support from me. he seems to be confortable like that. But the minute i take away my hand he again rolls back immediately. Anyways I will try it for some more days.

Cheers,
    Meena