1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

2 month old having mucous stools from birth.very worried.

Discussion in 'Infants' started by JyothiD, Dec 8, 2008.

1. JyothiD

JyothiD New IL'ite

hai ladies,
    this is my first post in this forum.i have a 2 month old son who is having mucous stools from birth.we went to stool test when he was one month old to check whether it contains any microscopic blood in the stool.but the doctor said everything is fine with his stool test.

i waited for one more month,but still his stools are very mucousy.so i started avoiding lot of foods in my diet like milk,nut,wheat,legumes.as i am breast feeding i though he might me reacting to some food in my diet.
    right now i am eating only rice with vegetable curries and fruits.even though i did not find any change in his mucousy stools.

i am really worried if i browse the net regarding the mucous stools.

any input regading th mucousy stools is helpful to me.

thank you,
    jyothi.

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

It takes upto 2 weeks for the dairy or other allergenic foods to make it out of your system, and therefore, breastmilk. Avoid all dairy(milk, cheese, butter, ghee paneer etc) and egg products, as well as raw foods such as fruits. I had the same problem with my son and avoided all dairy and eggs till he was 3 months old and now slowly slowly am adding them back to my diet. It took about 3 weeks for me to see some improvement in his stools.

As he grows older, the digestive system will mature and you will def. see an improvement.

Also avoid gassy foods such as onions, garlic, cabbaga, cauliflower etc. And no acidic foods either such as orange juice, lemons or tomatoes.
    I was only allowed to eat the following veggies by my mom for the first 3 months - lauki, torai, spinach, carrots, methi leaves, zuchinni and tindora. And for daals, only moong dal. Toor, masoor and chana daals are extremely gassy and hard for baby to digest.