1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is this normal in newborn and infants? I am worried.

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Raji09, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Raji09

Raji09 New IL'ite

My daughter is 1 month old. I observed this when she was 2 weeks. She was in nursery for the first week so I am not sure about the first week. She will smile, her eyes will open half way, rolled up in her head. She does this when she sleeps. She quivers. She also opens her eyes frequently in her sleep. I am really worried about this. Is this normal? Does any newborn or infant does this kind of act?

Please advise what to do?

2. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi Raj

I am a first time mom and my baby boy is 3 months old. Babies do smiles or sometime make cry face while sleeping and they do open their eyes half way and rolled up in their head, I used to get scare too seeing his whitish thing in his eyes and then he used to bring his eyes buttons back and sleep. My baby doesn't rolled his eyes up anymore but he still open his eyes while sleeping for a second and goes back to sleep without any disturbance. I think he did for atleast one month like that. He still smile or make little cry face while sleeping. Its perfectly normal. I know how it is to be worried being a first time mom. Don't worry your baby is fine.

regards

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Raji - No worries..every one of those things you describe is normal. Many or maybe even most babies do all this. Relax....

Vanathi.

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Raji,

Don't worry , its very normal. Even my kid who is 3months use to do the same.

5. rosepetals

rosepetals Bronze IL'ite

Dear Raji,
    Firstly, congratulations! And welcome to motherhood.
    Like the people above me have posted, these things are quite normal in small babies. And I can understand how you feel anxious about such things being a new mom. Every mother is like that. You have many many more such moments ahead of you. Truth be told, the first time I truly started relaxing was after my first baby turned one year old. Till then, there were even days when I'd wake up in the middle of the night just to check if he was breathing!
    My second baby is just a few months old now, but this time I am far more relaxed and cool because of the experience of raising the first one. Both my babies used to quiver in their sleep. It used to bother me with my son, but this time round, when my daughter does it, it just makes me smile because she looks exactly like her brother used to when he quivered in his sleep as a baby (both did it with their hands raised and spread out wide).
    Enjoy the journey and remember that all of us at IL are there for you whenever you have any queries or anxieties or even if you just want to vent.

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

7. rosepetals

rosepetals Bronze IL'ite

Dear @Laks09,
    Really old thread indeed. Thank you for pointing that out to me! It just appeared on my screen and I jumped to answer it without checking the date. gigglingsmiley

2 people like this.