1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tamil thalattu songs (lullaby) for my newborn

Discussion in 'Infants' started by vidhyalakshmid, Sep 4, 2006.

1. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi ladies,

Can anyone suggest me a web address which has tamil thalattu songs
    for downloading or sells CDs. It is needed for my newborn baby girl.

Thanks in advance.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidhya.
    there of lots of songs by many leading singers available, But I don't think you can download them. You can get CDs her in Chennai. I would recommend the CD By the Bombay sisrters, C.Saroja and C.Lalitha called Thalattu Padalgal. I used to sing those songs to my son from the time he was born and by the time he was 3 he could sing all those songs very well. It is a nice thought on your part to sing lullabys to the child. Most of the lullabys personify out Krishna as the child and slowly we can teach the child about religion. And the child will also start to like the semi and classical songs instead of crap. Keep going. In the meatime, I shall try to send you the songs thro net.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Vidyalakshmi !

There is a "thalattu padalgal" by M L V as well. It is just beautiful. That was the first one released even before Bombay Sisters.
    Try if you can get it. The latest is " Vathsalyam" by Bombay Jayashree in all languages - sweet is not the word. Now that is my gift to all new borns.
    Love to your little Kunjamma.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. vidhyalakshmid

Thanks

Hello Varloo and Chitra,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will try to get the thallattu songs.
    I love to listen and sing to my little girl.

5. vidhyalakshmid

Hi Ami,

Thank you very much for your help. I love to hear those songs
    and I want to practise those songs.

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

My pleasure..

Not sure...there is a song called manu pugazh kowsalai sung by B.V.R & B.V.L which was thalattu to Lord Rama. That song is also great to hear and sing of course too.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Ami,
    thanks a lot to you, you have opened a world of music to me. I have many cds but still I do not have cds of Hindustani music. now I can hear the songs as and when I want. Thanks a lot for your info on the music site.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2006
  8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

My pleasure, varloo..

Hi Varloo,

I too use to buy many CD/cassettes and off late, have stopped buying them as they dont seem to be sufficient to hear or learn. Atlast, found some sites like this and according to the occasions like now it is navarathiri(earlier, it was varlakshmi pooja etc.), use to learn and teach my kids many no. of songs.

Very simple, my day begins with MIO site, next Chithra's dishes etc. Without them or PC, our life will be incomplete, isnt it?? Anyhow, there is a site to listen classical music in all south indian languages(kannadaaudio.com/home/) which is equally good too.

Have you visited thiruppavai/thiruvempaavai section by sudha/anuradha etc. in MIO site?? They are simply great, FYI.

Bye and take care..

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Dsrini,

Congrats on your pregnancy! We will all pray for yr safe delivery and good health for you and the baby.

There is a CD/cassette Vatsalyam by Bombay Jayashree. The CD has the text of all the thalattu paadalgal in it. The songs are in different languages and melodious. It starts with 'Mannum pugazhl kosalai' - a beautiful, beautiful lullaby.

I also like thalattu songs. So, I sat and wrote down MLVs songs by listening to them.

If interested, pls check the slokas thread by Mrs Chithra Viswanathan. She has put some slokas for safe delivery etc.

All the best.
    affly
    Vidya

10. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Famous one in Malayalam!

Dear Srini,

"Omana Thingal Kidavu" - A malayalam lullaby song, sung for the great Music lover and king 'Swathi Thirunal" when he was born. He was born after a long yearning. It is in Neelambari Ragam. I have attached the Lyrics of the song. As Vidya said you can find the song sung by Bombay Jayashree in "Vatsalyam" cassette. Wish you a healthy baby.

regards,

Vanaja

Attached Files: