1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter not accepting formula milk

Discussion in 'Infants' started by prit, Oct 27, 2015.

1. prit

prit Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My daughter 4 months old not accepting formula milk. I need to join back work and already my supply started to reduce. How do you make your LO drink formula milk. Am using avent bottle. Any suggestions on bottle brand. Also my paediatrician suggested to start with ceralac rice after completing 4 months and 10 days. Am worried that she is nt going to accept ceralac too. She is not gaining proper weight. Please help.

2. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

dont worry dear.
    give NAN and make sure that water is warm. not too hot or cold.
    sometimes children refuse formula milk due to temperature of water also. and i really dont think that u should start with cerelac so early.

before joining be out for some hrs and let someone make her drink that. keep increasing hrs and come back. in this way she will know that u go for sometime and return. this will help both of you to adjust once u join office.
    dont worry and if she still doesnt drink formula try buffalo milk. i started buffalo milk once my dd turned 6 month.

3. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

I agree with @twinklingstar. 4 months is too early to start cerelac. Let your LO complete 5 full months to start cerelac and other food items.
    for formula milk, are you giving in hot water? if so, i am afraid LO doesnt encourage that. try giving it in lukewarm water. Dont give too hot or too cold.
    Besides, I have a suggestion. Why cant you extract your milk, preserve and feed your infant at the time of your need?

1 person likes this.
  4. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

is she not accepting the bottle or the milk ? bottle acceptance takes time and patience. keep giving it to her to play with, she will figure it out. She might be use to taste of bm and not like formula, i think it taste different. I used to mix a bit of formula and breast milk so my baby got used to the taste, and slowly increased the amount of formula

5. prit

prit Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the responses but my supply is low I feed her every 45 mins. That's why I thought I will top up with formula milk. Am using dexolac premium any suggestions on formula milk brand and bottle brand

6. pinktulip2k

pinktulip2k Junior IL'ite

Hi, I am also training my 2 months old baby to get used to formula milk slowly. I breastfeed him at 4pm. Mix 60 ml formula in boiling water at 5pm. Around 7pm it comes to room temperature and my baby is super hungry. He drinks it so well then I breastfeed a little but this doesn't happen everyday as he becomes Mr cranky some days. Still I keep trying. Good luck!