1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My son having cold, dry cough pls remedy

Discussion in 'Infants' started by catherine26, Sep 26, 2015.

1. catherine26

catherine26 Senior IL'ite

My son is 10 month old he having cold, dry cough, nasal congestion for more than one week. We took him to Dr but not cured.. Please suggest any remedy

2. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

Dear Catherine give him steam. take him on your lap and then cover ur self and him with blanket and give him steam as many times in a day as possible. this will help to get relive from congestion. also before giving bath i put drops of warm coconut oil in my DDs (11 months) nose. this prevent her from cold. also u can mix rock salt and carom seeds and tie in peace of cotton cloth. heat it in pan and keep on his chest (before keeping, check on ur palm it should not be hot) repeat this two to three times in a day. this will melt cough in his chest.
    also try this : take a bay leaf and apply mustard oil on it and heat it on tava (keeping oil part upside just for few sec) and keep that (after checking) on his chest and tie with some cloth keep it whole night. next day u will see the change.

3. catherine26

catherine26 Senior IL'ite

OK thanks for your reply

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi catherine26,

Here are few things I do,
    - Lots of Steam, put camphor or eucalyptus oil in it.
    - Rub vicks vaproub on feet at night and put socks on, also apply some dab on baby's shirt ( on chest). I have heard lot of good things about it, does not work on my girl but I still do it.
    -mustard oil in nostrils
    -Be watchful that congestion does not reach to ears and cause ear infection. Fever might come in that case.

5. Sovisu

Sovisu New IL'ite

Hi Catherine26,

I give my baby homeopathy tabs .its very effective and does not have any side effect.
    I buy it from homeomart common cold tabs from SBL brand.I mix just one or two tabs in one spoon water , just in one day improvement can be seen.