1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

need suggestion

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sireeSravan, Sep 2, 2015.

1. sireeSravan

sireeSravan New IL'ite

My baby is 47 days old..since last two nights baby is not sleeping and crying so much..and my baby passes stool for every 3 to 4 days and his stomach is soft only..doctor prescribed to use carmicide drops 1.5ml daily 3 times..is it safe for baby to follow the above medication

2. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

I don't know about d medicine but if doctor has pescribed it after checking baby then it must be safe.

3. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

did they give any drops for digestion?... There used to be one actually.

4. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

Evening colic is common in an infant around this age group. You can continue carmicide as prescribed by your doctor. many pediatricians are prescribing it for colic without significant side effects. if you are concerned with any side effect check with your ped Hold the baby tummy against your shoulder or gently massagetummy to relive pain.

5. celia17

celia17 Silver IL'ite

baby's digestive system keeps developing during the 1st 3 months,so they do cry a lot with stomach pain. Nothing to worry.
    Lay the baby on your shoulder so that baby's stomach rests on your shoulder and tap him to sleep. That should ease some pain.
    My aunt used to put my son on his stomach on her lap and rock slowly. I never did it as I was scared. Experienced ladies/elders can do it.

6. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Its colic medicine common one. Doc knows better.
    Generally we avoid giving medicines to babies unless necessary thats ok too.
    You can follow alternate remedies for colic. Find out what calms your baby down. Like a walk in fresh air outside, small drive in the car (works for many), holding baby in specific position he/she is least cranky in and avoiding ones that baby cries. Try shushing, humming or singing whichever your baby likes
    Mine hated being held anyway but upright in that age. Also rocking up and down only. Would scream if moved around from side to side which we often do.
    There was a week when I had to just keep walking up and down the stairs holding him or he would cry.

One more thing in morning do the cycling for relieving gas and burp after feeding.