1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

13 days old baby having loose motions

Discussion in 'Infants' started by tanu khurana, Aug 6, 2015.

1. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

I delivered a baby girl with c section on 25th July... After third day she started doing loose motions 16-17 times in 24 hours.... I consulted paedritician but he is saying she is also having jaundice so her body is throwing billirum through that but today she is 13 days old...after every feed she passes gas and do potty with that... And past 2-3 days she started vomiting too.... If I feed her little for 10 mins around she dnt vomit.... But she remains hungry and search for nipple.... Iam too worried please help...

2. tanu khurana

Paedritician said she is so small so we can't give her medicines and I am breastfeeding her.... First two days she has given Lactolex powder 2-3 times as I was unable to feed completely....

3. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

i think you should consult doctor as they are aware of her situation and body.
    and of course if you have any doubt about doctor please change it. but dear do remember doctors dont give much medicine to infants for various reason.
    and infant doing potty to 10 times a day is normal.
    regarding vomiting, i suggest you to pat her after every feed till she burps. this help her to digest milk. also if you get fennel seed syrup in your near by store (its Ayurveda) can give her 2-3 drops along with ur milk with spoon. this will help her to digest.
    but very first take her to doctor and see what they say. because she has jaundice also.
    dont worry this is all keep happening ...it is really hard to keep patience but u have too...dont worry console1

4. tanu khurana

Waiting for responses

5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is quite normal for babies to poop several times in a day. With both my kids I used to get atleast 10-14 poopy diapers in a day during the 1st month.

It is also common for babies to have reflux. After every feed burp the baby. Keep the baby inclined. Do not make the baby lie down immediately after a feed.

Exclusive breastfeeding is the best thing that you can do at this stage. It is not a good idea to try home remedies for something that may be the norm.

6. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

I agree with Ramyaramani and others babies do poop 10-12 times a day. Even I got scared and rushed my LO to the doctor, the doctor said now that they are drinking more milk they tend to poop more, and that is why probably your baby is wanting to be fed more frequently. Please burp the baby after each feed this is will reduce the reflux. If you are restless Please take the baby to another doctor for a second opinion, I understand how it feels as a Mom

7. celia17

celia17 Silver IL'ite

babies poop quite a lot during their first month and pooping after every feed is very normal. You dont have to worry as long as the baby is not exhausted because of that.
    As for vomiting, pls do burp the baby and try to feed little and more often.

Soon you will be able to understand the baby's hunger and all will get normal. Not to worry.

All the best.

8. tanu khurana

Thanks for reply Celia 17,Lavanya30, ramyaramani...