1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child pooing out blood

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sanjuruby3, Jul 31, 2015.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi girls
    Thank you so much for your advice and concern.

We been to doc and there was fissure. Doc suggested to keep stools watery till it heals. Probably constipation in india caused a tear that did not heal so little hard caused blood.

Doc ruled out allergy and infection but have to be careful if another episode happens.

We have been applying aquaphor and giving her fruit etc. She does not get lot of water@daycare and she can not eat/drink on her own. probably being new and scared new, she does not ask like she asks/points us for water at meal time.

Also she is not drinking milk@daycare. That is making me worried to pursue her at daycare.

2. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

I think your poor kid is having to handle too much at one go - return from India, adjust to the food here and now new daycare. Can you keep her home for a few days till she gets better? Just send her to daycare for a modified schedule like half day or alternate days till she adjusts completely?

3. sanjuruby3

@1Sandhya - I agree. Trip to India changed her a lot. We had kept her with us for few days. Now she is in daycare we had no other option, other than new nanny which I was again lot of work - finding, talking, then adjusting. She is not adjusting in daycare well, not eating/drinking. If not within a month or so, I might have to pull her out again.

4. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

If you are going ragi or iron supliments , stop for some times they cause severe constipation. The tears are normal for children with constipation but it is painful for them so they hold poo and then it adds to the problem. Increase water and fiber in food. Your ped should have given some ointment to treat tears .. It helps heal the Tear and blood in poo will reduce. G

5. sanjuruby3

Update: Yesterday she pooped 3 times and it looked normal not loose, not hard. One day before, she had some fruits which normally she wont'. probably sweetness in fruitness worked on her. Last night, I had given her ragi for dinner. :-(((( I had quick looked over internet for constipation effects. As she is becoming fussy eater, this is something she loves.