1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to engage 4month old

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sowmie, Jul 29, 2015.

1. sowmie

sowmie New IL'ite

Hi ladies...

I'm having 4month old son, my parents hv left recently and I'm all alone taking care of my baby...my husband helps a little as he has hectic schedules even in the evening... Can't blame him(real nice loving guy n helping as much as he can)...here comes my question, should I keep talking to my baby always except his sleeping hours ...he started rolling ...though he don't lists to me always..im worried whether I'm guiding him correctly.... When my parents were here one or the other person would talk to him...now when I'm in kitchen I put him in rocker n keep near me n talk but sometimes I just sit with him n let him play himself and don't engage ...is this fine ...really I feel bored talking all the time to my lil one...suggest some good tips and how to engage baby....

2. sowmie

sowmie New IL'ite

61 views but no reply..pls share ur activities with lil one ladies

3. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Its not necessary to talk all the time. Give him some interactive toys, take him for a walk etc.

1 person likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Relax

he is just four months old! No need to sit and break ur head on how to engage.
    generally play with him and talk to him on what activity u r doing at that time.
    tat is also not needed.

relax for few more months

5. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I think you are doing good OP...
    Just few more months, then you can even go to restroom without shouting with open doors. At 4 months, they see you around but do not talk If i remember correctly.

6. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@sowmie,
    At that age, i would put my baby in a playgym and switch on the music (that come with play gym) while i am working in kitchen. Else i would sit near him sing rhymes for some time and allow him to play on his own remaining time.

1 person likes this.
  7. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

No need to talk all the time. Most important to have interaction, ie smiling, looking into eyes, touching, talking but it is enough to do it now and then when feeding/changing diaper etc. Usually it comes automatically when you are with your baby. Give him also floor time with toys, take out for walks etc.

1 person likes this.
  8. sowmie

sowmie New IL'ite

Thank you all here...I'm feeling relieved now.... I'm doing in right way ......

9. ramyaveena

ramyaveena New IL'ite

Hi da Sowmie,

congrats for your bundle of joy.

I am a child psychologist and a mother of two kids ...who are avid book lovers...

By the time your kid turns four month...he starts smiling more and love to hear your voice..he gets attracted towards bright colors ..this is the right time to introduce books...what ....you may be surprised...but see the magic yourself...your kid if introduced to the world of book right now....he would become a book lover, have good vocabulary and later stage ...will love to read his school subject books too.

choose one small color book...my three yr old Daughter have a book called "Bing go picinc " i picked it up on my way in the airport...but it became a life saver to us..

just lie down near to your kid and read the story in a soothing voice...everytime in the same way...first few times...he will try to garb the book or lose interest...but as days go by...when ever he becomes cranky ..just read it..he will settle down.You will be amazed to see his eye and head move as you change pages.

I use to put my daughter in the bed and read it every night...when i cannot have the book in my hand ,i just narrate the story in the same way...( by the way...u would have known it by heart:) then) As he grows big ...introduce him to more books.

Babies do not need us to keep entertaining them always.and don't do it as he will demand your presence always..stay near by where he can see you .

Infact as he grows big..every day let him have a time to play on his own..this will encourage his pretend play..which is the basic for his social development.

Keep a routine to follow with your baby...he will become a much disciplined kid as he knows what comes next...

Happy Parenting

Regards
    Ramya

2 people like this.
  10. sowmie

sowmie New IL'ite

Thank you Ramya!!.....is it normal for babies not to smile at early morning when they wake up....he used to smile at me but he did for past few days and he rolls over,try to grab toys to chew then if bored presses his head to the play mat and cries...he wants to explore...wat can I do...