1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dilemma of Shifting DayCare from home care

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sanjuruby3, Jul 21, 2015.

1. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@Sandhya13
    Nice to see you back. How is ur DS doing ? My DS was is also same a yours very active person. Some time he amazes me as where he got that such a social personality. I think he will have nice time at Daycare, they will learn all new things there.

1 person likes this.
  2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi @Sandhya - Welcome back ! I remember you from travel to India thread. Hope you had great time ..

For infection reasons and some stories I read, I had not put her in daycare in the beginning. Now I am kind of mentally prepared. Though I am worried about her feeding from others. After India trip, she has changed drastically. She does not feed from her father too and need mommy all the time - for food, nap, sleep. Otherwise she is very social and loves talking to people.

She had been little slow in walking/crawling/rolling as compared to kids her age because of nanny.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Thank you @viki123 I am very glad to hear about your DS :)

my son is doing great.. he has started to walk with support and is keeping us on our toes.. good thing is that I have started to lose some weight due to him keeping me very active ;-)

4. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Thank you @sanjuruby3 We had to postpone our trip and are planning to travel in Nov/Dec..

I am in the same boat as you.. I am mentally preparing myself to face the initial hiccups/challenges of daycare like infections/change of schedule etc but my DH is not.. he is overly protective of our son and is totally against putting our son in daycare especially when we have home based care in place that works out for all of us.. he wants to consider daycare may be from next summer.. by then my DS would be 1.5 years old..

5. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

@Sandhya13- If your kid is developing fine and have company to play around on weekends , I think daycare is okay.

In our case, I am more protective than my H. Also my LO is little slow. Then nanny on vacation was like a trigger. Now soon cold waves will start and it will be season of sickness then long cold winter. So I wanted to wait for 8-9 months till next spring.