1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A place to brag about your Baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by newmommy, May 24, 2008.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Big LaughWhat a Daddy's girl she is! My son can only bite - no kisses :-(

Vanathi.

2. dallascw

dallascw Senior IL'ite

My kid thinks biting is kissing :) But since he has no teeth it is quite cute.. I am not sure if it would be the same after he gets teeth. Okay here is my brag book.. he claps his hands When I sing " When your happy and you know it clap your hands" .. and yesterday he fed me 3 of his cheerios when he was eating.. That was the best. Oh I am gushing with joy :)
    BTW how do you suthify dhristi for a baby ? I know my mom used to do it but a lot of my friends ask me to suthify dhristi after we go home and I do not know how to ?

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

How cute that he feeds you stuff! Mine on the other hand eats all MY food! And uses me as a yoga ball all night long.....Abt the drishti - my FIL uses a lemon with a little kumkum on it and does 3 clockwise turns over his head while facing East. That lemon then goes out of the house and into the rubbish bin at the corner of the street.

Vanathi.

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi all

We gave Vinay haircut and he looks totally different :)

Recenlty Vinay waves hand saying VAA VAA :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  5. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

I think I'm going to be one of the moms with the youngest baby around in the block... but no kid is too young to brag about, is there? Computer Typing

I just simply loveee everything Manav does... even when he cries there's something to it!! The best part is he already knows who is the mommy and responds to my voice and touch and no one else will suffice - that's just a great feeling! DH is already cribbing that he prefers me over him. When I talk to him in a not so happy tone he stops crying, looks at me and waits for me to calm down and hold him. He does take dad for a ride. When he wakes up any time he NEEDS to see that mommy is near or at least hear my voice otherwise my neighbors will hear a panicking siren... Big Laugh

-L.

6. dallascw

dallascw Senior IL'ite

That's really sweet Lavanya.. well you know ..mommy's touch is the best :)

7. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

Lately, Aarya has started giving wet kisses just to me Bow
    WHen I'll pick her up, she will hold my hair or chicks or ears whatever comes in her hands and than will press my chin with her mouth and will make sound like aaaaaaaaa...She does this only to me. He He He...And I love it, love it, love it....

Meeta

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Lavanya - Manav sounds so sweet!

Meeta - maybe girls are better at kissing moms??? I know I am the centre of Aadhu's world and everything but I do wish I would get a kiss once in a while....

Anyway - he is going through a hu...ge learning spurt - new things everyday! Yesterday he learnt to point to his nose/tongue/teeth....this morning he learnt to clap softly/loudly....this is FUN!

Vanathi.

9. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hey is this thread only for infants and kids below the age of 1. My son is turning 3 only this 25th. We have put him in school (not pre-kg or play school but the school have taken him into the regular kindergarten and so he is in LKG). He does not cry when going to school and he is happy that his sister is taking him to his class(they go by school van). His teacher have taught him up down and when she says up all have to stand up and down all have to sit. He came home and told me that teacher taught them this today and also addded, Amma aana miss up sollittu ezhuntirukkave illa. (Mom, teacher didnot stand up after telling up she was sitting). He also learnt to draw almost perfect circle, square and triangle.

10. anupamakalyan

anupamakalyan Senior IL'ite

Hi all

This is a wonderful thread....and I am sure every mom definitely has a lot n lot to brag about their child....Here goes mine

My sonny is 1 yr 8 months old

This guy as usual is very very reluctant to eat his food

So my poor MIL / mother sometimes go around the house showing him various things to feed him or atleast open his mouth and swallow his food

The recently fascinating one is the Sheep in the Site next to our apartments...He looks at them and has few spoons of food

He has not yet started speaking but says a few words here and there to make his point clear

We always tell him..open your mouth and take your food else the Sheep is going to Finish it all..n there the mouth is open

1 day this guy took a bottle of Mouth freshner and which he loves and threw it out of the window suddenly while playing...we all started scolding him...He innocently points his finger out and says

"Sheep"

this made us roll in laughter

He fed his favourite Sheep the bottle of Mouthfreshner....

y only food alone..gr8 thought!!

we could not scold him further!!

Cheers!!
    Anu