1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aggressive 1-year old

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shari2003, Jul 8, 2015.

1. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

request your help with my 1 year-2 month old. She has started walking, climbing steps, talking some words, jabbering a lot etc. But, she has become quite aggressive, a 90 degree change from what she was until 2 months back. She would want something and if we tactfully take her away/ refuse/ not budge, she hits on face! or bites, or pinches.
    My elder one wasnt like that. Do one-year olds show this sort of behaviour? Please help.

2. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

Its not aggressive ones...ur little one is just throwing the tantrum to get het desired stuff....dont give her the stuff back but ignore her fir 1-2 mins then try to distract her...

3. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

It is normal and be happy that she is showing her own will. Do not give her the stuff, say no if she tries to hit/bite (grab her hands if needed) and take her away from the situation.

4. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Hi

Don't succumb to her tantrums.. And do not allow her to hurt herself. Hug her and distract her to some other things. Every child is unique. :)

5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Distract...distract and distract. How does your older one react when you don't give her what she wants? Is the LO following elder one?

6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi shari2003

My 1 yr old is exactly behaving like yours and this aggressiveness came into her all of sudden.

We were surprised and thinking she is getting spoilt because of over care and becoming stubborn. I realized it increased after India visit. I was worried and telling everyone she is getting spoilt and need to be taken care of. That is also making me think to put her in daycare. She has private home care right now.

She hits herself, throws herself with force, throws away things, hits her head with hands, bangs her head, pulls her hair...:-( With that she has hurt herself few times.

If she is sitting, we lift her...she screams. .whatever she is engrossed in, if we change, she starts resisting and forget after 1 minute as something else catches her fancy.

She does not walk,crawl but in the mode it seems.

It was relief to see your post that mine is also normal.