1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

5 month 2 week old poop around 8-10 times in a day...what to do???

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cuterose09, Jul 2, 2015.

1. cuterose09

cuterose09 New IL'ite

Hi Mums,

My lo is pooing 8-10 times in a day from past 4 days earlier he was doing once or twice in a day, now most of poo is normal in consistency but some times it is only water or slimy. and as a result of this multiple poo his part has become red and he cries when I wash him. I started him giving moong daal pani when he completed 5 months and this started after 10 days..is it because of daal ka paani. Though I stopped giving him but still no improvement.

Kindly advise what to do for his releife from multiple poop and redness around the area.

Riya

2. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dhal may be too hard for him to digest. As you stopped it now, wait for couple of more days and see, things shld improve

3. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@cuterose09[FONT=Tahoma, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif] Is he on antibiotics ? My DS has this problem when ever is is on antibiotics . [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif]For redness around the area apply some Vaseline petroleum jelly or [/FONT]aquaphor.

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It could be due to body heat too. Giving oil bath helps in reducing body heat. Meanwhile apply coconut oil after every wash.

Breastmilk or formula is more nutritious than daal ka paani.

5. cuterose09

cuterose09 New IL'ite

No, he is not on any antibiotic. I applied cocnut oil on the affected area after every wash and it improved a lot.

I consulted his Dr. and he prescribed Ecobion for 3 days, Z&D and ors but still no improvement. Now his poop is slimy with white granules (He is on Formula Feed).
    He is not taking his feed properly. I am worried plz help

6. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

Go to dr. ....stop giving him daal ka paani for some time...take extra care of hygiene...