1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No social circle.depressed!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cheesecake, Jun 18, 2015.

1. cheesecake

cheesecake Senior IL'ite

I have moved to new city and have a very small baby.I have no friends here to go for girly outings or in get together.since baby is too small I can't leave her and go and taking baby with me will not be ok because of feeding and sleeping.I am getting depressed day by day.nothing interested happens all day is same.how to make friends or talk to new people?when people see I have a very small baby they don't seem interested to be friends with me as if they will have to care for my baby.anybody who has been in my situation tell me how you lived this baby phase.

2. jmsd

jmsd Silver IL'ite

Hi Cheesecake

Lemme first say you have chosen a cute and yum username.
    I loved to type it.

I figure you are in the US and have just moved to a new city. Socializing with a small baby can be difficult.
    May I suggest going out more often with the baby in the stroller, mart, mall or park or any other places that the city offers.
    Engage in small talk with people. It will feel good. Eventually you'll find a friend.

All I can say that your 'real' social circle will take time to build.Till then the 'virtual' one is not bad too.

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Cheesecake,

It is understandable. Have patience and don't get frustrated. One thing that has always helped is exercise. Please do not feel that I am being presumptuous. But just giving your baby to your husband for an hour after he comes from work or if you are an early riser finishing off your work out first thing in the morning will help you get started and is a good first step I am only suggesting because it helped me back then.

I am positive you will meet people and then you will soon have girlfriends to go out with and your life be exciting not to forget the baby is growing up too.

Best wishes.

1 person likes this.
  4. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

Cheesecake,
    Don't be depressed, it just a phase or would say life style in US as every on busy in their own life here.
    Your post reminded me a of my neighbor, she first saw me when i was taking DS for stroller ride in our community. Even she has on infant 3 months younger than my DS. After that I haven't had a chance to meet her, as my DS started day care and our weekday are really busy.
    On weekends we have other engagements or if at home just trying to relax on off day.

If are in a community/park, try take ur kid for a walk in the evening, in that way u can find mom with similar age kids and can schedule play dates at just meet in an evening or so.

5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is a common feeling when you move to a new city/place.

Have you tried baby wearing? It will help you in moving out with your LO without hassles.

6. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

I can understand it cheesecake, taking care of small baby n moving to a new place where you dont know anyone can be depressing. how old is your baby?
    As srama has suggested take out one hour baby free time, let ur husband handle the baby.
    few more things which worked for me were going to library , parks etc.if you can drive , check out ur local library , usually they have baby story time, activities etc my library also had baby yoga. Its a great way to meet other moms.you won't make best friends but u will have some people to talk to who r in the same phase.
    You can also try places like little gym , gymbore etc they also have baby classes which gives good outing.
    I would take my kiddo in stroller n go for shopping or walks.
    Go out, just try to get out of the house daily for small walks , errands etc., fresh air will help u and you might meet people.