1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tips to manage 7 months old baby alone

Discussion in 'Infants' started by upfsabari, Jun 12, 2015.

1. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Babies like to be on the floor and it is good exercize for them. I removed all dangerous things from the living area and let the baby be on the floor as much as possible. If the baby is tired, hungry etc they do not want to be on the floor.

Have you tried to use a sling?

2. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Yeah may be if few days pass he will get adjusted I guess.

I haven't tried a sling. Will try it out.

3. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi All

Initial two days it was hard.. First day he didn't sleep properly and second day he didn't eat properly. But afterwards he is fine by God's grace. We bought a walker last week and I'm able to manage him. I'm just putting him in walker for max max 1 hr per day that too in bits. I guess its fine. But I'm sure I'll minimise the walker time.. I'm self learning tricks to tackle him.

Thank you all for giving confidence and soothing words to me.. :)

I'll be back with updates whenever I can..

4. celia17

celia17 Silver IL'ite

Hi, I was in the same situation, i had to handle my son from his 5th month, all by myself. And he doesnt sleep in the daytime except for 1-2 hr in the morning.
    I was hesitant in buying a walker too, but I got one evantually. Things got easier after that. I put him in the walker when i have to make his food or for my visits to restrooms.
    I finish my cooking,bath etc before husband leaves for work. rest of the time, i spend watching over him.

Take him to the park as much as possible and if there are other kids its an added advantage

Also, try not to use the cot and use only mattress on the floor. At this stage they will easily roll over the bed.

have a nice day.

5. sonishah32

sonishah32 Junior IL'ite

Try to pack all the stuff that a 7-month-old baby needs. If you are feeding then you need to carry bottle sterilizers, bottles, napkins, medicines, stomach tonics, oil, mosquito repellents ( oil and patches) that are child safe.
    Travelling alone is a challenge but trust me, when you are alone you get ten more helping hands to help you.