1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chicken pox and a vent out....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by upfsabari, May 14, 2015.

1. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi..

On May 1 (Friday), I saw a boil in my left cheek thought it as a heat boil. Saturday, I got my periods and took head bath. I was very tired and took full day rest. I was up only for feeding my kid and to eat. My kid is 6 months old and quite active. Somewhere around Sunday evening I started to get boils all over my body. My general physician works from 6 pm on weekdays. On Monday, when I saw him, he shocked me that I've chicken pox. And the worst part is I cannot see and feed my child. Generally if he didn't see me for 10 minutes itself he will cry. Doc advised not to see for another 10 days. Thank God my mom and DH were there with me. I was very determined not to give formula to my child. But that resolution shattered. He has been taking formula just for sake and was given semi solid foods. All the time he was crying for me and I couldn't bear all those cryings.. I feel so helpless. Now to add to the disaster, my child also got chicken pox. And my attack was so severe that I have to refrain from seeing and feeding him for another week or so. I'm feeling so helpless. I don't know how in the world I'm gonna sit simply when my baby is sick and crying for me without eating/drinking much..

I just wanted to vent out as there are some family politics also going on with my mom and mil... Sorry for the long post.

2. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Sabari,

Sorry dear. Don't worry. Forget about the family politics for now.

Atleast your DH and your Mom is there for the baby. Focus on getting well. Don't worry. You take rest and stop worrying. Be calm. You can't do anything now since it is a health issue. Take sufficient rest and get well soon, so that you can be there for your kind ASAP.

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

OP: please be careful about touching the chickpox blisters....they can leave scars. I still carry a couple of scars from when I was little and was scratching.

We all have things we hope will happen (like no formula, ) but life intervenes and we go on. Just be thankful you live in an era when you can get formula and your kid is not going hungry whilst you are ill.

1 person likes this.
  4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

@upfsabari - I feel bad for you. Chickpox at adult age happens to be severe and as someone said - do not touch or scratch the boils. I totally understand sickness and staying away from baby is enough that family politics happen but you need to disorient yourself for now.

Your baby health and your health is more important. I can not even imagine poor 6 months baby in pain :-(((

Hope you both get well soon.

5. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Why would you need to stay away from the baby? Usually the virus has already catched the family members even before the outbreak. Not good for the baby to be separated from the mother.

Take care, chicken pox is nasty but not dangerous.

6. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Hugs...hope you feel better and both you and your baby get well soon.

7. upfsabari

Thank you all for the comforting words. It really helps me. Whenever I feel low, I'm just reading this thread again and again to feel better.

1 person likes this.
  8. upfsabari

Pead advised. He is worried that my child's pox might increase if I stay close.

9. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

Dont worry chicken pox last for 10 days thats all... my sis is 9 months preg and her 4 yeaar olk daughter has chicken pox... and she has no help cause mom and mil all are abroad.

10. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Change ped, he is clueless. Same virus, totally useless and very harmful to the baby to keep you apart.