1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best Rockers / Swings in India

Discussion in 'Infants' started by leena2015, Apr 20, 2015.

1. leena2015

leena2015 New IL'ite

Friends, please suggest some good Baby rockers that are available in India.

Please suggest whether to go for a rocker or a swing or any other product. Our main requirement is to keep baby occupied and in comfortable position so that baby can go for sound sleep.

Is ther any good product that can be used for an Infant (2 months) and later for a toddler as well?

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@leena2015, neither the rocker not the swing are recommend if the intention is to get the baby to sleep for long. While the swing may help you in the short term, soon you are looking at sleep training etc and it's better you start with getting the baby to sleep in a crib/ her bed/ bassinet right from the get go. Baby needs to sleep on soft but firm mattress. I know that in India it's recommend to get them to sleep in a swing but if you are looking at long term, start with a crib from the beginning. We transition to bed maybe hard.

2 people like this.
  3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

OP
    I have FP rocker and it has proven to be very useful. We rock our daughter to sleep and it has vibrator setting also for infants. Check on FP websites for India once.

However we use rocker only for day time naps. Sometimes at night, if she does not sleep, we put her in it for rocking and transfer to crib later.

1 person likes this.
  4. Chaitalithakker

Chaitalithakker New IL'ite

Hi
    Fisherprice rocker is awesome for the purpose to occupy baby
    It reduces colic, it has bouncer plus swing sort of and feeding chair whn u start solids
    Can be converted into toddler chair
    It has vibrating mode plus musical toys

I m planning to sell off mine
    Let me know if u r interested