1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby crying continuously from 7AM till 11am everyday..please help.

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shruti1487, Apr 11, 2015.

1. shruti1487

shruti1487 Bronze IL'ite

My son sleeps well at night. He is only 40 days old today. Every morning he wakes me up crying at 7am. I change his diaper, feed him and put him back to sleep but he doesn't sleep. He keeps on crying until I hold him and snuggle him. He has for a diaper rash and I don't think it's coz of that. Also, I've noticed that every morning he farts and pools for 3-4 hours. I give him formula only two times a day and this never happens all day but only between 7am to 11am. He only keeps quiet If either me or my husband hug him tightly and let him sleep on our chest. He only keeps quiet after I give him shower, feed him and lie him down all warm with a cap on and put him to sleep.Any ideas?! How can I resolve this? Yesterday I have him gripe water too, but that didn't help. I give him bicycle massage but that too isn't helping a lot. Please suggest me something.

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

If he stops crying when close get a sling and carry him around in that. Or keep him with you in your lap/holding him. It maybe colic and not much to do. Good thing that it is not in the middle of the night. Babies at that age have those. I would not give anything else than breast milk (or formula) as still so young.

1 person likes this.
  3. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

I feel it might be due to colic, usually babies at this age develop this issue as mentioned by Crayoness. They want to be held upright and snuggled during that time. Please try white noise CD, I have seen it to be very effective. As suggested try to give him breast milk as much as possible.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Shruthi, it sounds like colic. have you tried taking the baby to a quite place and calming down? generally kids relax a lot faster when there is less noise/distraction/fuss.
    You are burping him after every feed right? Make sure you do that.

5. toolika

toolika Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    for such colic issues I have been using hing concoction over their tummy...please try it..it should help. It does no harm.

6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

OP

This is normal for babies that small. He is only 40 days old it could be growth spurt which continues for few days and will settle down soon.

When my girl was same age, there was time, she would keep crying for full day and I was thinking of all kind of things - gas, rash etc. Also gas is also common.

If you feel it is unbearable for you or baby, check with doc for colic drops.
    I used to give gripe water everyday (2/3 times) and also many times I gave tiny 1-2 drops of ajwain/saunf boiled water.

Heeng was essential part of my diaper bag. You say he sleeps on chest. Lying on tummy might be helping him relieve the gas.I would say..just hang on... it will pass and be ready for new kind of issues. Its roller coaster ride.