1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rashes in neck

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Suprajah, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Suprajah

Suprajah Senior IL'ite

My 11 month old is having rashes on his neck due to heat...
    If we put any shirt/ Tshirt(close neck ones) he get rashes in neck next day....We put that loose baniyan type shirts only now..that too in evening only...but sometimes he gets rashes in them also due to sweat i think...

How to reduce these rashes?

2. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

for my son, i got a prescribe calamine lotion from doc and it helped. otherwise you can apply little baby powder.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Nycil is better than all!

Always wear him sleeveless and Round neck T shirts. Or That single strap baniyan cloth dress, knot type dress etc.,

My son also get rashes when he get sweat! I always use the same! And "Ilaneer Water or Nungu Water" both is good for rashes!

Make him bath two to three days per day based on his health and heat.

I bath my son two times per day. Provide juices, keep him always in fresh air (Our home surrounded full or trees and farms.), Nycil powder, Nungu and Ilaneer Water apply etc.,

Johnsons baby powder is really banned for medical issues! It made rashes in general! You use Himalaya baby powder in general and nycil for rashes!

1 person likes this.
  4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP

I have not been in this situation so can not suggest much.

Use loose clothes on your baby.

Are those rashes like heat rashes with tiny bumps? We used to have those in summers when we were kids. For me medicated powders -dermacool, mediderm and ice helped that time. Your baby is very small. Powders - even if you use, use carefully to avoid inhale, so particles do not spread in air.

Can you try vaseline rub as it has proven to be one stop solution for many skin issues for me?

If sweat/moisture is causing or agitating rashes, vaseline or even ghee might help.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

nycil is too strong for a 11 month old baby. and powder can clog pores. the most safest thing to apply as powder is cornstarch. but be careful as fine dust that rises while applying should not give breathing issues to the child.

get a prescription for calamine or aloe based soother and powder from your child's paed.

you get dresses called jabla and tie at the shoulders or back made of mulmul the soft cloth. they are softer and better absorption and keep the child happy.

and check what kind of rashes they are too..

6. Suprajah

Suprajah Senior IL'ite

Thanks all for suggestions. Checked with doctor and he advised cetaphil lotion and said this is because of sweat. Sweat makes baby skin dry and hence rashes...

I applied kadukaai(dont know the english name) the rashes reduced :) This was suggested by our maid

1 person likes this.