1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Prickly heat rashes on 7 month old baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Telja, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Hello Friends

What could be done for the prickly heat pimples on 7 month old baby.Got this rashes on face/head/shoulders.Its due to hot climate..
    I used to put the nicly powder or sometimes coconut oil.BUt due to itching the baby feels uncomfortable.What can be done for this matter...

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Keep the baby in a cool environment.
    Put loose fitting clothes preferably cotton.

No oil for rash. It tends to clog the pores.
    I would personally use only baby products instead of my il. Baby products are made for softer skin.

3. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Thanks Ramya for the reply.. Many views but only one reply.

Ya I am putting loose dress .. baniyan type cotton shirt .. and trousers... the temp here is 37'Celsius.... always keeps fan and not allowing to sweat ... but due to the rashes baby always keep rubbing the rashes ... which baby product is good for prickly heat... what other remedy can be applied

4. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

@Telja, feel so sorry about your baby. Summer is harsh on little ones.

I put neem leaves in water, keep the water under sun the whole day and give bath to kids with this water. Alternately you can boil the leaves in water and use it for bathing. Use this continuously, it works.

I also use nycil powder sometimes. This gives instant relief, then switch to natural methods.

Cooling of body internally is also necessary - through buttermilk, sabja seeds, boiled mango juice, coconut water(this one is the superstar) is also essential.

1 person likes this.
  5. ramyaramani

How did you come to the conclusion that it is only heat rash? Can it be eczema or allergic reaction? Asking this because for my daughter we thought it was heat rash but it turned out to be eczema.

6. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Thanks butterflyice .... but does butter milk allowed for 7 month old baby.. I used to give coconut water .Also giving orange juice and water menon juice.Gives banana as well.Why you mentioned to give boiled mango juice ?

@Ramya.... seeing those rashes is same which comes to me too ... small small pimples that comes continuously on head ,shoulder and behind ears.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i too agree with ramyaramani, you need to find out if it is just prickly heat rash.
    the best way to understand that is if there is temperature. if the rashes don't subside in a couple of days..

do not dust powder nor rub oil. due to the humid weather it would clog the pores making it more uncomfortable.

keep the baby cool. keep them covered in clothes that are comfortable even some of the so called banian material do not allow free flow of air. there is something called mull cloth and they are super soft and absorbent.

Do just wash with water. or just wipe with a cold soft cloth frequently..i would use ice if the baby is older or not prone to colds..

if you can find sandal wood or good quality sandalwood powder, mix it with some water or rose water and apply..good coolant for prickly heat.

1 person likes this.
  8. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Do you give curd to your baby? Then buttermilk should not be a problem. I have given it t my kids when they were babies.

Boiled mango juice is very effective in removing heat from from body. Its the traditional summer drink at my in-laws place which has severe summers. Start wtih a couple of teaspoons for baby.

9. ramyaramani

It sounds like baby acne or eczema. You should definitely get it checked with the doctor if there is no sign of rashes subsiding.

Do not apply anything. It should go away on its own. If itching increases then talk to doc immediately

1 person likes this.
  10. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

hi telja,

dear please take to doctor, make sure it is not any allergy reaction .

if it is due to heat, try using baby powder only., may be dr. can give u a lotion as well.

regards,
    resmij

1 person likes this.