1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's the reason behind not to take babies outside home in the evening?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by upfsabari, Mar 26, 2015.

1. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Thank you dear..

First time when that guy told I ignored it. He repeated again n I told "My kid, My rules". Then he kept quiet. Ignoring alone is not enough these days..

I used to see if there is enough sunlight then only I go by walk. Or else I will keep quiet. I'm in in-laws place n here the sun sets by 6.30 or 6.45. So I took him out by 6 thinking I can return before 6.30.

My son had colic like cry in the second month. We used to give a liquid called karam (vasambu, jadhikkai, etc. etc. diluted in hot water) and it didn't suit him so he cried in the evening continuously for 3 hours. Once we stopped giving this, he is fine.

Now the reason behind his crying is he is bored.. He won't cry continuously like in pain n all. If you show him a rattle, for 2 mins he will see n enjoy. After that he wants some other rattle or something else to divert. In the daytime, if we show a single rattle even for 15 mins, he will see n enjoy. But during evening, a big NOOOO...

I am giving gripe water daily in the evening so that if there is any stomach pain, it will get cured.

Thanks for dropping and for the detailed post. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. upfsabari

Thanks for the reply Rakhii.

Yes, I am also giving gripe water. He will be quiet for 10-15 mins n after that he will start crying.. He loves to go out n see new things. If he cries n the second I step out of the house, he will become quiet. So I thought of diverting him by taking out.

1 person likes this.
  3. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Its better for babies to stay at home in the evenings. I've been told babies see more spirits than adults and since evil ones travel at night, its best to avoid.

4. upfsabari

Thanks for the reply Sparkle..

Yeah, when I am at mom's place, I used to carry him n go around the house. I even show him things like this is mixie n we grind chutney, coarse poweder, make juices, etc in this machine.. I forgot to do this at in-laws place. Will try it out tomorrow.

I read board books (flowers, birds, animals, fruits) to him. I'm not good at singing songs so MIL is taking care of that part.. ;-)

Everyday routine - He is almost settled with a routine but the problem is only at the evenings.. Will take him out early n let me be ready to entertain him in the evening.

2 people like this.
  5. upfsabari

Thanks for the reply GG.

The locality is not much brighter or not much darker n its safe. I'll better go out early as others suggested n entertain him by some other means after 6 pm.

1 person likes this.
  6. upfsabari

Thanks for dropping by.

I'll better go out early n entertain him at home after 6 pm.

1 person likes this.
  7. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If your baby is ok with going out, then you should just continue. Each one will offer one kind of advice. I would say go with your gut.

What worries me is the fact that the stranger knows your daily routine. The last thing I would want a stranger to know is at what time I take my baby out.

2 people like this.
  8. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Ramyaramani pointed out something quite important, be carefull with this man!! Otherwise dont bother about the reasons people talk for as they will always no matter what. Do what makes you and your child comfortable. In some countries its even common that whole family goes out in the evening. We visited italy and where surprised how late the kids stay outside with their parents there. Only thing is dusc and mosquito and as you take care as you said no harm :)
    If he´s bored try giving him other things he can explore, a blanket, pot, spoon just anything you can find he can not swallow, chew things off, break apart or cut himself on sharp edges. Some basic toys are great too, mine loves her wooden bricks and some plastic rings she can put over a stick like a tower.

1 person likes this.