1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How good is the infant education program like Little gems?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cutiepie66, Mar 24, 2015.

1. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

has anyone undergone this kinda program?
    Is it good for infants?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@cutiepie66, we do not encourage external links. Can you perhaps give us a brief description about what you are trying to ask?

3. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

@Rakhii Oh I am sorry. I wasnt aware of the external links thing. Anyway, let me brief you about it.
    It's a program for babies to develop their right brain which is associated with creativity,intuition and spirituality through flash cards.
    Around 20kg material is given to parents. We have to show these flash cards according to certain rules and regulations.

I dont know how good is this. Just for my baby sake, I enrolled in this program and she was fine up until 7 th month after which she started crying seeing the flash cards.

I am completely unsure whether I am doing the right thing or not. When she started crying I stopped doing it. I was told not to show her any charts or videos or any print materials. I am now sceptical that this may take a u-turn, baby hating everything completely.

P.S. I am not torturing baby through these materials. I am giving her enough time to play. Showing these cards takes hardly 5 minutes.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I dont know about this particular program @cutiepie66 but I do know this flash cards method. I dont know what age they start though. with my LO I didnt really go by this way. You have done the right thing to stop showing her these cards when she started crying. personally I feel 7 months is way too early to have any organized interest in any specific thing for long. If you have heard success stories about this, then start again in another 5 months.

2 people like this.