1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

baby vaccination in usa

Discussion in 'Infants' started by harinideep, Mar 5, 2015.

1. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

I am planning to travel to usa in june . I will have to give vaccination to baby in july .
    Will visitor insurance cover the cost for vaccination in usa

Will vaccination cost too much in usa
    Will i have to take an appointment one month earlier in order to give vaccination

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Do not know much about baby's vaccination on visitors insurance. Better to call ahead and confirm what they cover even if someone affirms.

Do carry all your vaccination cards from Indian docs and you can ask your current doctor also. If you are coming in June and you need vaccination in July, do not if you will get the appointment that early or not. You may have to call ahead to book the appointments which of course can be delayed if travel plans change.

I had hard time finding appointment for my ailing father on visitors visa. all the appointments were 1.5 months far.

3. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Why don't you ask your doctor in India to do the vaccination in June before you fly? That way baby's vaccinations can be upto date and you dont have to worry about getting appointment.

My paed in US usually does this before we fly to India.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My understanding is, you will have to mention to the insurance company if you have ay per-existing needs (such as vaccinations) before you buy the policy. In that case, they will be covered. You will have to call the insurance agency, BEFORE paying the premium as the premium may depend on it.